I Am From | Teen Ink

I Am From

May 17, 2010
By southhockey BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
southhockey BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am from a small town of South Plainfield, where everyone knows everything about everybody/ From the painted mailboxes and wind chimes to fit the season/ From Labor Day barbeques notorious for the annual hurricanes/ I am from the house on the corner of Loraine where the street sign is spelled wrong and the baseball fields are a little too close.// I am from the family gatherings overpopulated by females/ from "Yeah baby" and "check please"'s/ I am from field hockey games and track meets where my parents are the biggest fans/ From shin guards, mouth peices, and wild socks// I am from my valentines bear on my bed since I was three/ I am from NSMI and Heart to Art/ I am from the small family ancestor of Hale, Neumann, Petrone, and McLean/ I am from a hardworking father and an artistic mother// I am from swimming in the ocean at the age of four and water skiing at seven/ From Manahawkin where the lie is simpler/ And from early Saturday morning art classes, helping my mother/ I am form spelling "a" a-l-l// I am from the house where the radio is on to much and the TV is never off/ From spud, pattywagon, and roller-skating with all the neighbors/ I am from the more fake members then I have real ones/ From he heavenly chocolate cake, always topped with a trukey toothpickm, and the secret reciope of chocolate chip cookies from my Grammy// I am the bleach blonde little girl always ready for an adventure/ I am the last daughter and grandchild/ I am one of three sisters all with there names ending in "ie"/ I am "Marge" // The past is the past, the presents the presents/ The only thing you have control over is your future, and the memories you make along the way/ So aim high, dream big, and conquer all/ Remember the memories and moments last a lifetime.