The girl with a little OCD

Lexi is a girl, striving for perfection,
Doing whatever possible, to avoid cruel known rejection,
But in the sight of a rare star,
Her attitude drops as low as a cell bar,
She sets herself up,
To Crash and burn,
Will she ever learn?
How a lose exceeds triumph,
When learning your mistake,
Its time for her to shake it off,
Rise, and awake.

Demon_of_Truth said...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:48 am
Very good, I like it.

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thankyou so much!

WritingLoverForever said...
I absolutely love this! I myself actually have OCD and this poem describes me completely. Could you please check out my story about my OCD? It would mean a lot. I accidentally submitted it anonymously, but I put the link for it in the "About Me" box on my page.

Jul. 24, 2010 at 7:23 am
thankyou so much and of course i can check it out!

MercedesXO said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 10:16 am
this poem describes me well. i'm trying to get over my OCD things, and i have soo many of them. it's tough, and i really enjoyed the poem btw:)

thankyou so much!! it means a lot!!:)

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:22 am
Wow, short, sweet, and smooth!  I think that this describes perfectionism more than OCD, though.  OCD is not merely striving to win and be perfect, but doing compulsive rituals and things like that. 

Your right, i just didn't include that in this one. I'm glad that you liked it though!!!

Lonleydandy said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:05 am
I have to say it is different. I do like the way that you portrayed Lexi's OCD, but, sorry to say, I wouldn't have picked up anything more than perfectionism if it weren't for the "Author's comments"

Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:40 am
okay thanks  for your advice  but perfectionism was one of the main ideas also.

jessica.cherish.conner said...
WOW your right I Do like this one. This is super-fantastic and also VERY well-written. Your writing is very mature for your age so i give you 5 stars!

Jun. 16, 2010 at 7:38 am
thank you soooooo much it means a lot!!! please check out my other work also! Thank you, thank you, thankyou!!!!