Senile Sensations

Senile sensations, what are they? Where are they?
Are they in the greyness of your hair or the thinning of your skin?
Maybe it's in the wisdom in your eyes.
No matter how blind they've become.
Maybe in the sober of your smile or the strange equilibrium
That comes through evenly spoken words.
Maybe it's all the mishaps, misfires and misgivings -
That you've filed away.

Does it scare you that you've almost ran out of things
In your log of parental memories to mimic?

Does it scare you that millenniums have pasted
And will go even when you're gone?

Tell me stories. Please tell me stories of your past and my long ago.
I don't care about misprints, misquotes or any blurs of memory.
I just want to hear your voice.
I want to feel the vibration of the remembering of those memories!

DreamWriter15 said...
I wouldn't call this one beautiful as much as...witty or matter-of-fact.  I like it, of course, as always!

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 11:24 am

What do you think it's about ?

DreamWriter15 replied...

Well, to me, it's like putting a light on something people normally fear and/or regret.  Growing old is something people have been trying to prevent for years, with make-up and surgeries and medication, but they can't stop it.  You put a light to it that some people, the unwise ones, wouldn't see.  You made it a good thing, and in your poetry, a beautiful thing, and I love it.

....that's just me, tell me if I'm wrong...

Wow you understand me very well. Yes you are right.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, I take that as a compliment that you think I understand you, but it's you who is the complimentary one because you were able to write something someone as un-perceptive as me was able to understand.

Ammaz said...
May 25, 2010 at 7:38 am
I really like this one dude, you did a good job painting a picture with your words.

thank you very much :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2010 at 12:22 am
...and thank you for deeming me one of the coolset on here. i kneel on both left knees as i humbly except you and your warm fuzzy cup of tea..

May 21, 2010 at 12:20 am
I really love you for writing this. "please tell me stories of your past and my long ago" -wel i cant quote everyhing I like, or I'd be quoting just about the whole thing. but I love the idea of this piece(or peice whatever). very nice captain. 5 stars.

May 21, 2010 at 11:50 am
Thanks boooo!!!!!  it would been fuzzy cup of coffee for me though :P

May 21, 2010 at 11:51 am
* have been*

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i am the cup of coffee. though i would be happy to get you something more...."drinkable". youre the best. you write some really good stuff.

Thanks that means a lot to me. I mean if at least one person likes what I write then I'm good.

thats true-considering there are like 6 billion people in the world.....