A Definition, For You, My Love. | Teen Ink

A Definition, For You, My Love.

April 26, 2010
By lynnshelby BRONZE, Milo, Maine
lynnshelby BRONZE, Milo, Maine
3 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper." -E.B. White


The embrace. Something similar to a kiss yet almost a little more sentimental. If only for a second it may last, the feelings of surrender and compassion it evokes may last both persons a lifetime. The joy it develops between people as they wrap their arms around each other and share something that truly means they will be there for each other for the rest of eternity. As the embrace takes place, thoughts provoked inside the participants’ minds begin to arise of someday truly being together. By being together, they shall not only be able to experience the tormenting feelings of a simple clinch for only but a tiny fraction of time, but to live in it forever. An embrace like the one shared between two people in love, is a symbol of someday belonging together and stay that way for the rest of their time as beings. Almost as the embrace reaches its conclusion, the pair squeeze a little tighter pulling each other closer in hopes that this special interaction between two lovers will last just a moment longer. At this instant, the only force that can separate the attraction between two with such a deep affection, is the reassurance that someday they will satisfy the burning desire of being together.