Let's Die Off

Come into the light again.
I’m ready to pick a fight again.
I’ve picked at this a thousand times,
And I don’t care to try again.
Bang bang three hundred shot dead.
Who doesn’t want to die again?
A little mace and paper spray,
Then all the saints go marching in,
Like a dagger in the wind.
Do you expect that to fly again?
If you put three holes in my sail,
Do you think I’ll ever glide again?
I don’t need a hundred marching men.
I need some one to confide in.
I need to know that nothing will explode,
In the beds where my kids lay their heads.
Somehow two thousand marching feet,
Just don’t sit quite right with me .
If born a day ago I still would know,
That those guys aren’t marching for me.,
And sure enough as it seems
Those suckers are marching towards me.
That’s how it is when the saints go marching in,
To silence wounds and slaughter dreams.

Aderes18 said...
I just don't really understand this poem. 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
okay.........i thought it was straight foward but...okay.

DreamWriter15 said...
This makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I love it!

Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:04 am
I'm glad someone has captured the emotion, and read all 65 of my poems.

LaurenC said...

This is inspiring.

Wonderful job!

I give you a dozen brownie points:]

thank you- i would give you a dozenteen chocolate points but i dont believe in chocolate and i dont believe in that number.

LaurenC replied...
haha, why don't you believe in chocolate? 

i do, i just like saying that. makes me sound like an idealist with virtues. just walk up to some random guy and say-"I dont believe in monoglycerides"..................

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Who could know what it means to you? I mean people can only know for sure what they think. Well in the same breath most of us don't even know for sure what we really think so... I think it is about being angery at anything that tells you to "forget what you saw and you'll be forgiven" and tells you that we're all the same. In as much slaughtering dreams. But that's just me.

thank you for your input, I think subliminally I'm sending that message across. everyone always gets something different out of poetry. and you're right-I'm not sure what i really think. I'm only sure of what I was supposed to be thinking when I wrote this...........

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Indeed. :)

Kairah027 said...
LEFT ME SPEACHLESS. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS AND YOUR MESSAGE. I UNDERSTAND IT BUT MAYBE NOT EVERYONE WILL, MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WRITING WHAT IT IS ABOUT IN YOUR COMMENT. BUT JUST A SUGGESTION :P

hmm....what do you think its about? (thanx for the comment)

Kairah027 replied...
To me it's about how people except for things/people to alway be the same even after life has taken it's toll. "If you put three holes in my sail, Do you think I'll ever glide agian" It's about realizing that things will have to change eventually and accepting those changes.

you guys are the best-you understand this more then I did. I guess i didnt know what i was trying to say until I wrote it and you said it. thats it!!!!!