cut me open This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Cut me open, take a slice into my thick pale skin. Look beneath my layers and make sure to grab a pen. Write about my backbone, watch me stand before your eyes. Write about the shock and awe that came to you by surprise.
Cut me open, tear my insides apart. Tell me i'm not good enough or that i have no heart. See it pumping my blood that now is on your hands. See how pure i was, remember i had plans.
Cut me open, just for your joy and fun. Just take all my feelings in your hands and begin to run. Why bother to sew me up?i'll still be left with scars.
So, cut me open, pick me apart.
You will see, i was great from the start.

sunnyandsugarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 3:02 pm:
wow, very well writen!!

Sammiekay said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 9:13 am:
I absolutely love this poem!! it is amazing i rated it and favorited it!!! it realtes alot to my life...it is my fa vorite poemm!:)

MoriahR. said...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 1:33 am:
Awww! This was very beautiful!  I LOVED IT VERY MUCH!   I rated and favorited it!  I hope you get more views!

socrchik33 said...
Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:05 am:
wow...jst wow. there are absolutely no words for how amazing this poem is...i am in love with it :) i can relate to it so much i am so happy tht someone has finally expressed it in words. this is wonderful and shocking ad amazing and just WOW. theres nothing that needs to be changed about it; it's perfect. please keep writing more!! :)