And then? | Teen Ink

And then?

By dopeboymaagic BRONZE, Girdwood, Alaska
dopeboymaagic BRONZE, Girdwood, Alaska

I saw a star in the sky once.
It looked like an eye.
I thought it looked like Gods eye.
I thought maybe he was watching me.
I looked up and waved.

Then i realized it was daytime.
And i was in a hole.

on Apr. 7 2010 at 6:18 pm
ellyncannon PLATINUM, Mexia, Texas

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
<3

nice. God's tha bomb!!!!!!! i love church. about to go there now as a matter of fact!!!

on Apr. 7 2010 at 4:08 pm
dopeboymaagic BRONZE, Girdwood, Alaska
Yes i do beleive in God. I didn't try to write this as a poem about atheism. I was trying to make it a poem about waking up.

on Apr. 3 2010 at 12:38 pm
blanking_out GOLD, Bonita Springs, Florida

Follow the leader, but not too close, just in case they fall.

Do you like the hole? Is it beautiful because you can only see what's right in front of you (or in a sense what is above you)? This poem, you can read into as a reader, it is like you begin with a hope that you are happy and that everything is fine. When you realize you're in a hole, you're not literally in a hole, you just look at life different and realize that you're in trouble. Like you've been living in a dream, or surrounding yourself in so many lies that when you thought about the truth you realized something needed to change. I really enjoy this poem. Thanks for contributing:)

on Apr. 3 2010 at 12:29 am
beautifullyclueless GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
its so very, very sad. i feel a strong sypathy for you when i read this poem. it just conveys a feeling of utter....hopelessness

on Apr. 2 2010 at 11:24 am
ellyncannon PLATINUM, Mexia, Texas

Ralph Waldo Emerson
<3

hmmmmmmm... interesting... do you believe in God?

DaniW PLATINUM said...
on Apr. 1 2010 at 2:13 pm
DaniW PLATINUM, New Bern, North Carolina

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
By Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

I really like this! At first it made me laugh but there's a deep side to it too. cool!

on Apr. 1 2010 at 11:31 am
LiGht-ChaseR GOLD, Out There, Oklahoma

"The Dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins, but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: One lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars." -Matthew Stover

This poem can be taken nearly any way--its meaning, I mean. I guess I feel kinda neutral about it.......... But, if you read the poem over and over again, it starts to take on more meaning, seeing as you notice something else each and every time you read it. Kinda intriguing, I guess..........