And then?

I saw a star in the sky once.
It looked like an eye.
I thought it looked like Gods eye.
I thought maybe he was watching me.
I looked up and waved.

Then i realized it was daytime.
And i was in a hole.

liLloserlaugh said...
Do you like the hole? Is it beautiful because you can only see what's right in front of you (or in a sense what is above you)? This poem, you can read into as a reader, it is like you begin with a hope that you are happy and that everything is fine. When you realize you're in a hole, you're not literally in a hole, you just look at life different and realize that you're in trouble. Like you've been living in a dream, or surrounding yourself in so many lies that when you thought about the truth y... (more »)

beautifullyclueless said...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:29 am
its so very, very sad. i feel a strong sypathy for you when i read this poem. it just conveys a feeling of utter....hopelessness

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 said...
Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:24 am
hmmmmmmm... interesting... do you believe in God?

dopeboymaagic replied...
Yes i do beleive in God. I didn't try to write this as a poem about atheism. I was trying to make it a poem about waking up.

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 replied...
nice. God's tha bomb!!!!!!! i love church. about to go there now as a matter of fact!!!

DaniWill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this! At first it made me laugh but there's a deep side to it too. cool!

LiGht-ChaseR said...
Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:31 am
This poem can be taken nearly any way--its meaning, I mean. I guess I feel kinda neutral about it.......... But, if you read the poem over and over again, it starts to take on more meaning, seeing as you notice something else each and every time you read it. Kinda intriguing, I guess..........