My Glass Addiction

the mirror is my drug . can't even go hours let alone minutes with out just alittle taste of the glass. I rely on the warmth it gives me. It desires my attention and i fill the crave. It knows i need it to make it through the day. It wants me, all of me and i'm happy to comply. But Im losing myself to the reflection it gives. Even though the glass speaks to me, saying the right things at the right time, it isn't always on my side. It builds up so much love for myself, to then take it all away; leaving me down and depressed. Even though it knows damn well I was going to come back for more. The mirror has a mind. A smart one too. My reflection controls me. I let the image of the mirror dictate how I am to feel. But why? I shouldn't rely on the opposite side of the glass. I'll let go of the mirror so I can speak for myself. Let my voice overcome the need and desire for the glass.

DelightfullyDAZED said...
yes! :) i enjoyed this

RayBaytheDinosaurThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This represents so many teenage girls nowadays, and I love the feeling in it, the only thing I think it needs work on is the stucture, maybe play with stanzas or shapes more?

GigglyAmbar replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 7:44 pm :

Thanks for the feedback

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 8:27 am:
The best part about this is definitely the block text. Was that on purpose? Its great- it makes the poem become a rectangle, like a mirror; I can see my own face in the text. Genius.

GigglyAmbar replied...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 8:36 am :
Omg, thanks i never thought about it like that :)

wish_u_were_here This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Loved the personification/imagery combination. Your writing is strong enough to resonate, and (just like your Exit poem) I love your simple/long word combinations, it totally adds power. 

I might consider, not change necessarily because this is a lovely poem, mixing up your sentance structure-like adding in some longer sentances with commas to your shorter ones.

A wonderful poem, keep posting! :)

GigglyAmbar replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm :
Thanks!! and yeah I should consider my structure a little bit more 

LittleMidnight said...
I rather like this point of veiw. A good way of expression. Good job!

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm :
this is good, i think a lot of people struggle with looking at their image too much and soon get an unhealthy addiction with making themselves look perfect for the satisfaction of looking in the mirror and feeling good about themselves. nice!

GigglyAmbar replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm :
That's exactly what i wanted to point out! Thanks guys

animalluvr4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm :
I really like how you connect the addiction people have to drugs to people that are always in front of a mirror 24/7.  Awesome job! :)

GigglyAmbar replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm :
Thank you !!!