Light vs Dark | Teen Ink

Light vs Dark

By tashiat2010 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
tashiat2010 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

Life for a Christian is a constant struggle of Dark vs. Light, God vs. bad, Right vs. Wrong.
Sometimes it is also a life of constant interpretation and pondering.
Who is to say that my right isn’t your wrong or your wrong my right?
But we have a guide why don’t we use it?
It’s clearly stated either we are hot or we are cold.
So why do we sometimes feel a little bit wrong or not all the way right?
There is no medium either your hot or your cold right?
So why does this sin not feel as bad as another?
Why do we pray for forgiveness?
Then do the same thing.
Why do we know this verse?

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

And this verse,

Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit

And even this one,

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.

But yet we don’t follow them and sin against our selves and one another.
Why have we sometimes been in church weeping about the sins we committed that we knew were wrong before the act was done?
Why have we vowed to change certain habits that are ungodly only to fall into temptation time and time again?
Why do people feel as if just because they believe they are saved yet we have this verse?

Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Why would we choose the hard way?
Why is there a one way road to the light with clear and easy directions but we would rather detour in darkness than just staying on the path?

And why despite all these things god loves us eternally and only wants the best for us despite our struggle with walking in darkness vs. walking in light.