Heroes

That one soldier, the one that went back into the war-zone to save that one child. That soldier who had a wife and 2 year-old son. The one who saved a 7 year-old boy’s life before he even considered his own.
That one fire-fighter, the one that went back into the burning home to save an elderly woman. That fire-fighter who had never risked his life before. The one who saved an 86 year-old woman, but died in a following explosion.
That one stranger, the one who saw the tornado tearing down the country-side early on. The stranger who warned the neighborhood of the tornado before he could prepare for it himself. That one Stranger who was never found nor seen any time after the tornado had passed.
Where is the equality? Nowhere. Where is the line drawn between saving your own life before someone else’s? There isn’t one, not for the heroes of today’s society. Show respect. Show appreciation. One day those same heroes may be saving you.

Blooper195 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:14 am
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

Blooper195 said...
I'm so glad someone agrees with me. If someone thinks that a person who saves a cat from a tree, wait until they hear about our soldiers.

NRKirby said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:14 am
This is all true. You remind me of my dad and what he used to do. He'd post up pictures on my brothers' and my wardrobes and write "this is a real hero." Nothing shocks a power rangers' fan like seeing the funeral of a Green Beret. That'll wake you up quick.

Blooper195 replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:13 am
accidently posted a new comment instead of replying sorry!