Awakening

There were many things to consider. Yes, I was giving up my mortality, but I was gaining forever with Kellan. I was saying goodbye to the family I’d spent my childhood with, but I was being given a new family that would stay with me for eternity. I had a lot of options, but I had chosen my path and I just had to deal. I wanted him, and in order to have him, I had to leave my human life behind me. And as I lay in the arms of my true love, blood running down my neck, I didn’t feel the pain. I only felt the overwhelming sensation of a new, longer life being created. I tried not to think of the fact that I’d just been bitten by a vampire. It brought the unwanted feeling of pain back to my mind. Instead, I pictured the vampire family I was being welcomed in to. I almost smiled as I formed images in my head of Kellan, Ava, Jay, Harvey, Tyson, Zoe, and Jagger; my immortal friends, my immortal family. I imagined myself awakening to my new life; seeing everything clearer, brighter than before.
Even in the sleeping state I was in, I could faintly hear Kellan, deeply breathing in and out, even though he didn’t need the air. He stopped breathing altogether when I stirred in my deep sleep. It was almost time. I was awakening. I could hear clearly now, and it seemed that my whole family was around me, waiting for my new eyes to open. I took in a breath and held it. I wondered, suddenly, how long I could hold my breath. Probably forever; it’s not like I needed the air. But, even though my mind was miles away, I could still hear the sigh of relief coming from Harvey’s chest. I smiled. Ava giggled, but every one else was still too tense to laugh. They were waiting for me to officially wake up; to introduce me to a new life…my new life.

CrazyCreative95 said...
Omg!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!