Conscience

As the sun sets the beasts come out, they want to have fun they want to play a game
This game is called Guess Who? they prey on the weak minded who wander around the ghettos, the drug rings, and the adult house. They sneak up from behind and grab you fragile mind with their soul claws. Then finally the game begins

“ Guess Who, no it’s not your mother, your brother, your lover, or friend. I am the creature who tells the truth, the one who you fear. Guess Who, I’m hear to tell you that when you shoot up, go inside, or want to be part of a drive by to get “respect” I’m that small voice who says “ If you do this you will regret it. You will never be the same again.”

I’m that weird feeling you get in your gut when you know the thing you are doing is bad.

You shut it out when you do care, when you say “ I don’t care why they think I want to do this. They all lie when they say they care.” That is the lie when someone says they care they mean it they genuinely care and want to be with you.

Yet when you bring that needle close to your arm, or take out your wallet for a thirty minute rumble, or pull the trigger you might think that this will make them care, this will show them who to care for thats just a lie too, you say that just so that you can cope with the pain. When you do something like that you kill two people

you and your Conscience
I’m the second person you kill
I try to stop you and you say NO
I try to make you do something positive
You say NO,
but when you ask for guidance, for strength,
for me to say
“ Go do something positive.”
now it’s MY turn to say
NO