My Motivation

I spend everyday
picking up the pieces
of fallen friends
and gluing them back together.

Eventually the glue will melt
and once more they will crumble,
but I will pick them up again.
If only to see them smile.

lifefakeswriting1234 said...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 pm:

and again, amazing.

so chilling and real.

stuck in awe and confusion(:

Jandee replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:15 pm :
Thank you so much. (: That means a lot to me.

Caley replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 8:20 pm :
this is so beautiful. you have a really simple, sweet style, and it's really well-developed & i dont think many ppl our age have the facility w/ language & technical know-how AND personal flavor you do. this stuff is great, honestly

Jandee replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm :
Thank you so much! You're comment means so much to me! I was in a really bad mood, but now... thank you so much. You don't know how much that means. ♥

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:51 pm:
Omg, Jandee, this is beautiful!  I know it's short, but it almost made me cry!  Love it!

Jandee replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:15 pm :
It almost made you cry? Wow. Thanks so much for your wonderful comment!

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm :
Well, yeah, it almost made me cry because it's so true...and I think it's sweet that you would write something like that.  Of course, I'm an emotional person, and just about anything makes me cry...especially if it's written!

Jandee replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 2:03 pm :
I'm pretty emotional too, so it's all good. I don't think I'm a very good friend though. I lose my temper a bit sometimes, but I really care about some of my friends and some of them are really hurt and broken. I wrote this for them. ♥

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 3:30 pm :

Well, whether we're a good friend or not is in the eyes of our friends.  Of course, we could be a lying little b-word and they wouldn't know, but they still think we're the greatest, until they find out.  I'm sure that's not the case in this scenario, but it's sweet that you would write it for them.

Btw, I wrote an article titled "Trying to fly but my wings are too short" about my friends, just in case you're interested in reading it...

Jandee replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:17 pm :

Oh yes. I believe very strongly that I am not a good friend or a good person. I'm certain my friends know this (except one or two).

I will go check it out right now!

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 7:58 pm :
No one's perfect, and no one comes close, but the difference is some PRETEND they're perfect, and some THINK they're perfect.  The really good friends are those who KNOW they're not perfect, and tell their friends show, but they try to be the best they can be.

Jandee replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm :
Yeah... I kind of gave up on trying to be the best I could be. That's what I thought when I was younger, but now I just sort of... yeah.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:36 pm :
well, the fact you wrote this poem shows that you care somewhat, and that's better than nothing :)

SwordGirl said...
May 31, 2010 at 11:07 am:
This is really, really good! It's short, but I understand exactly what you're saying - and it's pretty similar to the free verse that I write. I tend to do it when upset around 11:00, too!

Jandee replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:18 pm :
Wow. Interesting similarity. I'll check out your work.

A_Dreamer said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 5:36 pm:
It's good, & I love the idea of it.
You're right, it doesn't show you are mad at ALL.

cupcakesNbrownies97 replied...
May 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm :
no it doesn't, oddly. usually, you can tell when a writter's mad. Or sad or happy....How are you?

Jandee replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 3:19 pm :

Thank you, you two!

I'm good, thank you for asking. I'm actually very happy at the moment.

MadAsAHatter... replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:39 pm :
This is very... heartwarming. I like this.. :)

Jandee replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm :
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. <3 Your comment is much appreciated.