Hey, little girl | Teen Ink

Hey, little girl

December 14, 2009
By sarahdee GOLD, Swansea, Illinois
sarahdee GOLD, Swansea, Illinois
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything had changed suddenly--the tone, the moral climate; you didn't know what to think, whom to listen to. As if all your life you had been led by the hand like a small child and suddenly you were on your own, you had to learn to walk by yourself. There was no one around, neither family nor people whose judgment you respected. At such a time you felt the need of committing yourself to something absolute--life or truth or beauty--of being ruled by it in place of the man-made rules that had been discarded. You needed to surrender to some such ultimate purpose more fully, more unreservedly than you had ever done in the old familiar, peaceful days, in the old life that was now abolished and gone for good."


Hey little girl, why you look so sad?
Your clothes are all ragged,but thats what hollister had.
Most kids hate school anyways, your not missing anything fun.
Who even cares, most people would care to be a guiltless bum.
So you ain't got a house, and you ain't got a dad.
At least nothing can happen when you do something bad.
Everyone complains about the things you ain't got.
If our lifes arent so good with our lucky lot,
then why. little girl, do you look so sad?


The author's comments:
This is about a homeless little girl I saw on the street the other day. This poem is about how everything we have and complain about, she would give the world for.