A Thought On Life | Teen Ink

A Thought On Life

By Rawkstar_bri GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida
Rawkstar_bri GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

All is far in love and war

Sitting in my chair Listening to my radio, staring out the window Looking at the kids in the neighborhood Grow up each and everybody Ive been a lot of places and seen a lot of things Now i'm sitting wondering What am i to do now So much to live for in so little time lifes a journey alright A journey to find yourself Do what you like, say what you feel Be sure not ask what if later Writing with a pencil is something we all wish would happen That way when we made a mistake We could easily go and erase it and try again But sad to say writing with a pen isn't easy and tehn we would have an error fre paper But since nobody's perfect, we too are living as pend We make mistakes, we can't erase them But only avoid them or atleast try the next time around If only we were like butterflies When predators come and try to attcak they're unaffected Ha that's funny If only we weren't effected by the obstacles and mistakes we made in life then life would be sweet Now that it's dark outside I close my window, awakening from the dream or maybe it was just a thought I think i've got it I can't let tiem pass me by, but i must pass time by I'm on my to reach the future before it reaches me! <3

on Jan. 18 2011 at 11:01 am
awesomeaugust GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground"
~Theordore Roosevelt

Thanks, that was unexpected. I like that the entire thought is a run-on, since that's usually how deep thinking thoughts come to us. Also, the incedible amount of typos- was that on purpose? I get the point, how typos can't be erased in pen, but I got the feeling that maybe you jsut didnt' runa  spell check. Either way, it was kind of cool. The one thing that really bothered me though, was at the very end you put the text heart which I thought made the whoel thing kind of cheesy. Like that was all a text or something, not a poinant thought. Just my opinion though. You might liek tor ead some Sandra Cisneros, she's an author who has books of really short stories that have the same feeling as yours but are, I think, more effective. The House Onb Mango Street is the only one I have read and I really liked it. Keep writing!

xo Sofia