In More Ways Than One | Teen Ink

In More Ways Than One

December 6, 2009
By RockingWriter GOLD, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
RockingWriter GOLD, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
11 articles 2 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart." - i carry you heart. e.e. cummings.


Mothers tell you they love you.
In more ways than one.
There's the pure love they radiate that comes from caring for you.
There's also that understood love that they'll trust you to make good decisions.
When mothers tell you they love you, they mean it in more ways than one.

Fathers tell you they trust you.
In more ways than one.
There's the trust that you'll be home by curfew, and buy your Christmas presents on time.
There's also the trusting promise that you'll always be there for them, even in old age.
When fathers tell you they trust you, they mean it on more ways than one.

Siblings tell you they hate you.
In more ways than one.
There's the hate from when you break their favorite toy.
There's also the way they're envious of everything you do, and won't admit they want to be like you.
When siblings tell you they hate you, they mean it on more ways than one.

Grandparents hug you.
In more ways than one.
There's the hug that says they're glad you've come to see them, and come so far!
There's also the hug where they hold you in their arms and never ever want anything bad to happen to you.
When grandparents hug you, they mean it in more ways than one.

Friends laugh with you.
In more ways than one.
There's the laugh when one of you does or says something stupid or hilarious.
There's also the laugh where you want to freeze the moment, it's so perfect, and never grow old.
When friends laugh with you, they mean it in more ways than one.

God cares for you.
In more ways than one.
There's the way He created you to live up to your fullest potential.
There's also the way He will always be there for you, even when you don't think you need Him.
When God cares for you, he means it in so many more ways than one.

You are blessed in so many ways.
So many more ways than one.


The author's comments:
It's about everything having another meaning, but in a good way!