A Life's Lie

You say it's wretched
You say it's grotesque
You say it's unbearable
But I know you life is nothing,
Nothing like that

You say you'll endure it
That it's a scar you'll live with
You say I know nothing
But I can read in between the lines.

You say you've been abused
But you lie in vain
The trust I gave you slaps me in the face
I know your life is nothing,
Nothing like that

You say I don't understand
But that's the problem

I do

sleeplessdreamer said...
This is great. Your best piece. I can definitely feel your emotion behind it. It's fascinating really. I loved it. I think I've read it three or four times now... Great job. 

Starrlyt said...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 11:14 am:
Nice.  I really like it...it's a bit vague but that's what gives it mystery. I love it...

KosuKovu13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hmmm, maybe we are one mind, you and I. We seem to have a lot in common, don't you think? I know how these words spill onto paper, more than just letters in arrangement. Emotions, thoughts, stress. Anger. This was most certainly inspired by frustration? Please forgive me if I fail to anwer correctly.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 8:33 pm :
Yes, it was inspired by frustration. We do have a lot in common, or at least it seems that way.

KosuKovu13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 8:38 pm :
Ah, after our talks, I do not blame you for hesitation. Everyone has their masks. But I chose to remove mine. It's still there, for those who need it. But why should I lie? Who should not like to be themselves?

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm :
For some people, they are their own enemy... 

Apr. 23, 2010 at 8:50 pm :
Forever disputing against themselves, confused and tortured about whom exactly they should be.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 8:51 pm :
E-Exactly...

Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:05 pm :
And you are that soul, aren't you? That poor, lost little mind... Forever doomed to go on without somebody? Or have you found a saviour? Someone to help?

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm :
I dont know if it's a saviour, but I've found someone to talk to...that actually understands...so...it's not as bad as it could be.

Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm :
As have I. It seems we understand each other, author to author. That is, if you were talking about me. Forgive my misunderstanding if you were referring to someone else.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm :

It's fine, I was talking about you and another person too. How are you doing right now?

Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:23 pm :
Could be better. But what is my life in this world of so many others to be of upmost importance? It's only temporary.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:25 pm :
Well...you're not just some other face. And, I'm glad it's only temporary.

Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm :
Hmm... I'm not? And yet, if you'd have met me on the streets... you wouldn't be able to tell me apart from the person next to me.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:31 pm :
Well, faces are useless. The people behind them are what matter.

Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:36 pm :
Shakespeare could not have said it better himself.

Cigg.Sun said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm:
"You say I don't understand
But that's the problem
I do"...
^^^
This is my favorite line, soley because it gets me. this poem is so realisitc.
Great flow.

ephemeral_dream said...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:09 am:
wow, this is really effective, can completely empathise, however i don't think that we can judge what other people's lives are really like. appearances can be very deceiving. I know I don't know the exact situation you're talking about but sometimes - even if they're lying, it's because somethings wrong and they still need help. anywyas...really great write. I like the language choice a lot.

writerscramp said...
Ah.. so u know my ex-bff? sounds just like her. Keep up the good work!