My Thunderstorm

The rain washes away my tears
I smile at the purple velvet skies
that are streaked with lightning
The rumbling thunder sounds like laughter
Is it laughing at me?

The sky cries with me,
It's own warm tears drenching me
I lay back in the grass, close my eyes and breath in the smell
This is my Thunderstorm

The violent winds whip my hair into my face
I smile and lay there while the sky darkens
There is no rainbow to be found here
But this is my rainbow

AprilEverAfter said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:32 am:

I loved the last two lines 'There is no rainbow to be found here / but this is my rainbow' absolutely, just, AH! SO GOOD! 

I love how you made something really deep and just amazing, like dance-in-the-rain-amazing, out of your own experience. It seems you really, really caught it, preserved the feeling and shared it with us all, for which I thank you.  

AprilEverAfter replied...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:36 am :
This is going on my favorites list. 

Fredwardness replied...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:30 pm :
Haha, the last line is supposed to be "But this is my thunderstorm" Erm...sorry but thank you :) It means a lot to me

sleeplessdreamer said...
I'm telling you... GO WITH POETRY! No offense, it's soooo much better than your fiction. This was great. I loved the way you described things and how you pulled the natural beauty into the emotional beauty. Sorry that I posted all over your work... I hope you don't mind :)

Starrlyt said...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 11:19 am:
Wow...I understand storms of the mind...have 'em all the time...and i love storms in general.  They're powerful, beautiful, calming, and exciting, all at the same time...great piece...please check out some of my pieces...i would really appreciate some feedback...

KosuKovu13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:53 am:
I have to know... was this honestly written just for the pure entertainment of others, or is there a deeper... darker reason behind it? Does your mind work the way I think it does, or is it a mask, making you someone that you didn't even know existed?

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 12:20 pm :
I don't ever write for the entertainment of others. I write for myself.

KosuKovu13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm :
I apologize if I offended you. I may just be overanalyzing your literature, but it seems to have a thought much greater than any ordinary thunderstorm. More of a storm of the mind, you may call it. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It may just be a simple poem of nature, but it seems more to me than that. But probably not, I suspect?

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm :
No, I wasn't offended...and actually...you're right....I was talking about a "storm of the mind"...and thank you for putting some thought into it. It means a lot ot me actually.

Apr. 23, 2010 at 4:00 pm :
No, I thank you, for posting this wonderfully tragic piece. It seems that I myself am trapped in a storm of my own. You'd never believe what horrors a simple voice over the phone might do. I never thought anyone else would understand this concept of writing, giving it a true face and then a mask of its own. A mask so beautifully carved, one might never suspect the forbidden beauty underneath.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm :
If I may ask...are you okay?

Apr. 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm :

I'm sure I'll be fine. All things pass in time, as the old saying goes. But truly think about this, if you may:

Is there one person in this world who is truly themself? For we all have our masks.

Fredwardness replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm :
What I think is that...we all have the same masks...we all just choose to wear a certain one...make it our own. If that makes any sense...

Apr. 23, 2010 at 4:16 pm :
It does indeed, although I should think a bit differently. Each mask we are given is blank, and we paint them until they are as we please. Then we go out into the world, looking for others whose masks we find attractive. We make friends with them, then we try to add onto their masks to change them even more.

Heart said...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:35 am:
Great poem. I love it. See, I told you Freddi! But if you cannot remember what I told you, well, you are a great poet/writer.

BelmaH. said...
pretty good. i could smell and feel the tension of the thunderstorm as i read this!

writerscramp said...
Happy to say that Others has ALOT newly added! check it out!

SilverDawn said...
Wow, great poem! This is really good, and I love how you mixed sadness with happiness in one piece. It shows that you don't just let one emotion control you, and that's just amazing. Good job! :D

CatyB said...
I really adored this, you have an amazing talent =)

Fredwardness replied...
Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm :
THANKS!! =)