My Thunderstorm | Teen Ink

My Thunderstorm

By Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

The rain washes away my tears
I smile at the purple velvet skies
that are streaked with lightning
The rumbling thunder sounds like laughter
Is it laughing at me?

The sky cries with me,
It's own warm tears drenching me
I lay back in the grass, close my eyes and breath in the smell
This is my Thunderstorm

The violent winds whip my hair into my face
I smile and lay there while the sky darkens
There is no rainbow to be found here
But this is my rainbow

This is something i wrote from experience. Thanks for reading!!

on Aug. 8 2010 at 1:30 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Haha, the last line is supposed to be "But this is my thunderstorm" Erm...sorry but thank you :) It means a lot to me

on Aug. 8 2010 at 9:36 am
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
This is going on my favorites list. 

on Aug. 8 2010 at 9:32 am
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut

I loved the last two lines 'There is no rainbow to be found here / but this is my rainbow' absolutely, just, AH! SO GOOD! 

I love how you made something really deep and just amazing, like dance-in-the-rain-amazing, out of your own experience. It seems you really, really caught it, preserved the feeling and shared it with us all, for which I thank you.  

on Aug. 7 2010 at 11:59 pm
sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

I'm telling you... GO WITH POETRY! No offense, it's soooo much better than your fiction. This was great. I loved the way you described things and how you pulled the natural beauty into the emotional beauty. Sorry that I posted all over your work... I hope you don't mind :)

on Apr. 26 2010 at 11:19 am
Starrlyt PLATINUM, Willard, North Carolina

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars -Les Brown

Wow...I understand storms of the mind...have 'em all the time...and i love storms in general.  They're powerful, beautiful, calming, and exciting, all at the same time...great piece...please check out some of my pieces...i would really appreciate some feedback...

on Apr. 23 2010 at 4:16 pm
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

"Tormented by the demon of literature." ~ Gaston Leroux, author of the Phantom of the Opera

It does indeed, although I should think a bit differently. Each mask we are given is blank, and we paint them until they are as we please. Then we go out into the world, looking for others whose masks we find attractive. We make friends with them, then we try to add onto their masks to change them even more.

on Apr. 23 2010 at 4:13 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

What I think is that...we all have the same masks...we all just choose to wear a certain one...make it our own. If that makes any sense...

on Apr. 23 2010 at 4:10 pm
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

I'm sure I'll be fine. All things pass in time, as the old saying goes. But truly think about this, if you may:

Is there one person in this world who is truly themself? For we all have our masks.

on Apr. 23 2010 at 4:06 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

If I may ask...are you okay?

on Apr. 23 2010 at 4:00 pm
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

No, I thank you, for posting this wonderfully tragic piece. It seems that I myself am trapped in a storm of my own. You'd never believe what horrors a simple voice over the phone might do. I never thought anyone else would understand this concept of writing, giving it a true face and then a mask of its own. A mask so beautifully carved, one might never suspect the forbidden beauty underneath.

on Apr. 23 2010 at 3:55 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

No, I wasn't offended...and actually...you're right....I was talking about a "storm of the mind"...and thank you for putting some thought into it. It means a lot ot me actually.

on Apr. 23 2010 at 3:52 pm
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

I apologize if I offended you. I may just be overanalyzing your literature, but it seems to have a thought much greater than any ordinary thunderstorm. More of a storm of the mind, you may call it. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It may just be a simple poem of nature, but it seems more to me than that. But probably not, I suspect?

on Apr. 23 2010 at 12:20 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

I don't ever write for the entertainment of others. I write for myself.

on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:53 am
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

I have to know... was this honestly written just for the pure entertainment of others, or is there a deeper... darker reason behind it? Does your mind work the way I think it does, or is it a mask, making you someone that you didn't even know existed?

Heart SILVER said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 2:35 am
Heart SILVER, Arcadia, California
Great poem. I love it. See, I told you Freddi! But if you cannot remember what I told you, well, you are a great poet/writer.

BelmaH. said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 2:11 pm
pretty good. i could smell and feel the tension of the thunderstorm as i read this!

on Dec. 11 2009 at 5:38 am
Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“Mwahahahahaha! Now you are mine, Lesley-Bird, finally, at last, in my... oh, drat, forgot it had wings...”

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

this is so awesome! I saw "My Thunderstorm" and thought, "I'm NOT ALONE!" I love storms, can't get enough of them! Ice storms are the best, I think (you should check out my poem Icestorm when it goes through the process, prolly it'll get posted mid to end December) My whole family lives in OK, and we get lots of storms. I love them! (I also love this poem!)

Keep writing!

on Dec. 7 2009 at 5:49 pm
writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Anyone who says winning isn't everything,
Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Happy to say that Others has ALOT newly added! check it out!

on Dec. 6 2009 at 7:07 pm
SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
Wow, great poem! This is really good, and I love how you mixed sadness with happiness in one piece. It shows that you don't just let one emotion control you, and that's just amazing. Good job! :D

on Dec. 6 2009 at 1:19 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

THANKS!! =)