That Girl

She’s that girl you hear about, and now she’s falling down.
People push her all around, but they can’t keep her on the ground.
She tries and tries to stay upright, but they will not end the fight.
So she holds, she holds on tight, she will not fall into the night.

klutz16 said...
k, so this is one of the shortest poems i've yet read on teenink, but i don't think you need to add anymore. you hit it spot on and im super happy that i got to read this. i AM "that girl" and will always be, and having someone put it into such... powerful and honest words makes being that girl that much easier to be ok with.

doodle-space-monkey said...
i can relate to that girl... your good

halls said...
This piece is so true and inspirational. I like the last line and how it says, so she holds, she holds on tight, she will not fall into the light. That line really makes you see how the girl in the poem may not be so strong on the outside but on the inside she is like a brave soldier. In some ways you can almost compare the girl to a cockroach, because you say they cant keep her down, which is like how people say you cant kill cockroaches.

MayaChristine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! I am totally "that girl" and I love it that someone has finally put it into words. Thank you, =)

cheerdanceguard09 said...
wow I love this poem it so describes me finally someone put it into words

lizzers4444 said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:21 am
I consider myself "that girl" but I'm not sure if you and I are referring to the same thing here...
Can you please describe this kind of girl... i feel like i can relate but I'm not sure.

LuLu95 replied...
"That girl" is a girl that is never good enough for other people, and she gets made fun of and pushed around, and because she is different people try to make her life harder, but she doesnt change, and she stays strong...always

Jazzzy517 said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 7:40 am
i AM that girl..... n for somebody 2 b able 2 put it into words is evn bettr then knowing someone understands

Love_Me_Not said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 5:39 am
Hey! This post is pretty amazing. I totally agree and sometimes I feel like I'm that girl, but I know everyone feels like that sometimes. Good work

allmostfamous said...
wow this makes me feel..someting. idk what i just feel.