a love with broken wings | Teen Ink

a love with broken wings

By justjessie GOLD, Lakeland, Florida
justjessie GOLD, Lakeland, Florida

if i cant be something to someone then i want to be nothing to everyone

one day i loved you. and i was afraid to admit it. and the next i pushed you far away... well not all that far but far enough for you to fall off the edge, and before i could reach out my hand to save you, you grew wings and flew far above the ledge. and you flew far away from me. but not too far. i could barely see you and i knew you were still up there somewhere. i wished you would come back. but God, doesn't it feel amazing to be free and look at all of us waving? well im glad you were safe and enjoying the sights. but i still wanted you to just come back to my side. i waited and kept my head held high, the sun went to bed and the moon came out to make sure you were alright. and you were, like always, because you are so brave and i know you would fly in the dark if you had to cause your just so clever. and i love that. or envy that. im not sure which. but its really enchanting, i must admit. so anyway back to you taking flight, i knew you'd grow tired and come down eventually . but where you landed was so far away and you rested and took off again. but this time you didn't go alone when i looked up i saw who you wanted to take home. i was sad because Ive never really flew and i didn't really care about flying as much as i missed being with you. see, being by your side or in your arms is like having my own wings and flying high out of sight. into the unseen, undiscovered, untouched, and all i felt was your soft lips and your touch. one day gone, the next day back to earth, i just didn't like the feeling of this worldly unjust worth. i wanted something more and i wanted it then, so i made a decision to run with the wind. but that got me nowhere, because without you i have no wings and the wind is just a breeze when your hearts not in. i tried to find you but you had already taken flight with that other girl who stayed the night. im sure she had fun and loved the sky, but she could never love you as much as i. and at that time the clouds gave you both wonderful things to do, but she wasn't there for your ride, just for the view. when you brought her back im sure she bragged and smiled, but was she there for you all this while? well i was, as you left me on the ground, and now i just wanna leave and never be found. i know ill probably never take flight again in your arms, but i will dream of when my heart was untamed for you and unharmed. maybe then when i sleep, ill be free, and your face will be all that i see. please know you have something truly amazing, don't let it go to waste and please on your next flight, don't forget me baby. Count in the sky all the stars, I love you that much and a million times more.

something i wrote after a break up and had found out that he had not only lost his feelings for me, but he had also already moved on so quickly.

on Feb. 13 2010 at 6:26 pm
CircusChild GOLD, Purchase, New York

I'm learning to be brave in by beautiful mistakes
-P!nk

ive said it before...i love this...check out some of my stuff and let me know what you think?

on Oct. 21 2009 at 9:47 pm
randomperson BRONZE, Bend, Oregon

Treat others the way you want to be treated

that...was...the...most...touching...awesome...poem/storie/thing...i...have...ever...read...GOOD JOB! Have to agree with stephers, love the last two lines. Keep up the AWESOME work1=)

on Oct. 21 2009 at 9:10 pm
cassandra_2011 PLATINUM, North Pole, Alaska

"Give in to love, or live in fear."

you should separate lines this into lines. Cluttered poetry distracts from the whole poem, it makes it much easier to read spaced out. What I did read sounded good though. Keep working on it. It's got potential.

on Oct. 20 2009 at 4:09 pm
CircusChild GOLD, Purchase, New York

-P!nk

this is amazing! i love some of the lines, especially the last 2.

on Oct. 19 2009 at 10:41 am
JESSICAMARLENE, Delano, California

" Life is too short for waking up with regrets"

good job..know what you mean perfectly

on Oct. 19 2009 at 3:15 am
justjessie GOLD, Lakeland, Florida

thank you!

on Oct. 17 2009 at 1:21 pm
one word-amazing. love it