For The First Time

For the first time since you left me,
I was able to look at you without pain,
For the first time since you left me,
I could truly be happy with you only as my friend,
For the first time since you left me,
I could honestly hope you're happy with him.

Each day gets a little easier,
And each day I laugh a little more.
Each day life begins to mean something again,
And each day I learn to love again.
Each day I care about you a litle less,
And each day I grow a little stronger

I still hear the words you spoke, and I still feel your warm touch,
But the memorie no longer hurts.
Every day before now I felt your gaze like scalding knives.
And every day before now I couldn't bare to look at you.
For the first time since you left me though,
I stand strong and feel no pain

Ambs,T said...
i like it. it reiminds me what happened when my first boyfriend ended out relationship.

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Why isnt this in the magazine yet? It deserves to be, compared to what i've seen in the magazine. You did a wonderful job! =) i totally understand the meaning, and it's great...5/5!

lucybrown said...
I like this poem:) It has a great message and it is very uplifting. Great job!

-Kal- replied...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm :
Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it :)

kincaid_ily replied...
Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm :
I lovvvve this!!! Wish I could say I felt thos way. But I am still stuck on you!!! I have been spend every spare second calling fire depatements to see if its the one you volunteer at!!! Please talk to me in some fasion!!!!

NightGoddess17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i didnt take it s emo at all, i think you brought ur feelings across wonderfully, and you made the point of becoming stronger and moving on very strong! wonderful job!!

lexii_121 said...
This is truly one of the best ones i've read so far. You have major talent. And i can deff. relate to this. Remember, its always best to stay strong, no matter the situation. Keep writing, you're great (:

bbygurl21 said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm:
i wish i can be an amazing writer like you. this is real good it made me cry because it took me a long time to be friend with my x without braking my heart.

-Kal- replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 9:20 pm :
Bbygurl21, anyone has the ability to be a great writer. Simply find something you are passionate about, pick up a pen, and let your writing come from the heart. If you do so, then your audience(?) will be able to connect with your writing making it a great piece. Best of wishes!!! :)

Asianflowers said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm:

This is really good. Whoever said that this was a emo poem was so wrong! This is a wonderful poem. more like moving on. Great Job!!

Also I have a new piece of work :Why can't we all get along?". Could you look at it and comment Please?

jesseay09 said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:05 pm:
This is good it doesn't sound depressing at all.

-Kal- replied...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm :
Thank you! :)

jonas_chick899 said...
May 24, 2010 at 8:01 am:
aw yay! that was verry good!!! awesome job:DDD

-Kal- replied...
May 24, 2010 at 7:02 pm :
Thanks!!! :)

AndThisIsReal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18, 2010 at 11:14 am:
This poem was indeed good, and it took me quite a long time to get to the point conveyed in this poem, it screams truth, and relief, and forgivness of self. :) Feel free to read/comment my work? :)

-Kal- replied...
May 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm :
Thanks AndThisIsReal and Forgotten. I wanted it to be simple enough that one could understand it easily the first time without much thought, but complex enough that if you go back and read it again you find other meanings to it. Based on the comments I have gotten, I think I might've suceeded :)

Forgotten said...
May 17, 2010 at 6:26 pm:

i like the way the words flowed in the poem. i've felt this way exactly one time, so i sort of get what it was that you're saying.

great job on expressing your feelings. not many people can write poems and actually get their point across... or at least not to me. :)

i don't know who thought this poem was emo and depressing. nor do i care as to why they'd be so simple minded as to think that. but they most certainly were wrong. this poem was good. 5 stars wor... (more »)

writerscramp01 said...
May 10, 2010 at 11:52 am:

and i got the meaning. If they didn't, their missing out! keep it up KAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw i gave you 5 stars and i know the grammer and pelling sux on my comments but im in school so im not gonna take the time ot edit this im just BORED so yea. im reading your stuff. :) and im not bored ne more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

XD

writerscramp01 said...
May 10, 2010 at 11:50 am:

YAY! Kal your an AMAZING writer!

Keep writing til you can't anymore, Then pick up your pen, and write some more!

LOL

~ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

-Kal- replied...
May 28, 2010 at 9:11 pm :
Haha, thanks Sarah. You're such a goof sometimes. Lol Thanks for reading!!! :)