I am:

By , Greensboro, NC
A dateable girl was: soft and lacy and kind and constant smiles
I was: jagged pointy words falling from chapped lips on a pale face and black hair that falls and falls to the waist and sways in a ponytail that slaps you across the face
I was: dark green eyes that watched across a cafeteria and would sit in front of you and watch as you rip the sandwich in half and hand it to me so I can grip it so hard the jelly comes out
You were: soft blue eyes and braces and ginger hair that you said was brown and I would laugh and say no it’s auburn it’s ginger it’s wonderful
You were: the boy I’ve wanted to dance with for three years at the prom while I sit at home and sketch angular boys with pointy jaws and pointy hair and pointy legs with long feet and fingers that I name David
We are: walking down the hallway with my dress falling swish swish over my black boots and our backpacks weighing us down and I make you laugh and you smile at me and
I notice: you have your braces off and your smile isn’t hidden anymore and I’m happy you haven’t pushed me away like you used to because
I was: the dorky girl the nerd loser lame don’t get around her she’ll ruin your reputation and I heard she worships Satan but really the dark hair was just my DNA
We say: goodbye I will call you later but later never seems to come soon enough.

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, really good descriptions.

Olivia W. said...
that was really creative and the description was wonderful i wish i was that talented... great job!

GirlWithWings56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 27, 2009 at 7:59 am
Love it. just love it. Really sweet.

aspiring.author.09 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 26, 2009 at 9:13 am
I loved the format of this piece! It was very well written and nice imagery as well. Keep it up!

Stephanie F. said...
i like it. i wrote something similar to it you should check it out

MONIE said...
Sept. 25, 2009 at 11:38 am
I REALLY LIKE THE PEOTRY YOU WROTE IT WAS VERY NICE IM GOIN ON 14 AND IM WRITTING POETRY I WROTE ONE CALLED CRY BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT