Ecstasy.

Ivory grit overlapping radiant sapphire brine

The breath of the breeze an intoxicating fragrance of salt and salmon.

Your emerald eyes sparkle like rare jewels

Your cheeks blush coral as the glittering sultry sun blazes down upon our fair pearl backs.

Your tousled hair blows wild in the soft summers breeze as we walk barefoot beneath feverish topaz.

The nonchalant waves so serene and intimate. Their harmonious melody plays a sweet tune in my ear as they crash against my feet and tickle my toes polished periwinkle.

This is pure bliss. Our laughter echoes like music into the abyss as we settle onto a plush blanket and stuff ourselves with succulent watermelon dripping down our bare skin, now a pink pastel.

As we watch the sunset the blues and purples and oranges a multicolored fusion hangingover ivory grit and radiant sapphire brine.

TheseEyesThatSeeTheWorld This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my gosh! Again, amazing! I felt like I was transported to the beach, was beside you, and was laughing as the waves tickled my toes. Lovely.

Veritytrue said...
This is beautiful! I love your word choice-- it makes the scene come alive! Your poems are really meaningful and have a wonderfully unique style. I look forward to reading more of your work!