Not My Name This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

They call me nerd
I hear them laugh
But they've never heard
The breaking of my heart
Tears hitting the ground
That's not my name

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Bullying and name calling hurts --no one should ever call another person outside their name. Excellent piece~

CrazyGirl said...
It is amazing how such a short poem can say so much.I can relate alot to this. If you get a chance please read and comment on some of my work:)

ThisGirlRightHere This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marley

I live by that quote, thought I'd share it with you. you're amazing, the way you pushed so much emotion and understanding into those few lines. That's something I've never done with my poetry before. Amazing, keep up the good work!

notsonice This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:08 am
really so heartfelt....dnt give a d*** abt what others say..

lovesmistake said...
I completely understand. I get called so many things every day. I especially get made fun of because I'm not from Florida and I can have an accent. The poem was good and true. Keep writing

Katie.T. said...
Ahh! Chills when I read this!

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:33 am
I love this piece. great job!

~Reaa.Mae~ said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:10 am
I hear you hun. I do.
You would not believe some of things I get called because of my difference. I've learned to take those experiences and use them to make me stronger.
They make pretty good inspiration for music too. <3
Stay strong sweetheart.

Powd3er's-Lov3-4-Lif3 said...
This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxThe Whole Time You Were Talking I Didnt Hear A Single Word You Said B/C Th3 Whole Time You Were Talking I Was Picturing You DeadXx

Lonleydandy said...
Aug. 5, 2009 at 12:55 am
:D