A Glimpse of Love | Teen Ink

A Glimpse of Love

December 3, 2021
By Bobston SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Bobston SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Reawakening inside of me, a fire that warmed my chest before, the flight of the monarchs start again.

Like a drug crusading through my circulatory system and all my cells, my every thought accompanied in addition.

As if the sun, as it does every cycle, begins to dive past the horizon and make way for a new atmospheric form, I notice interference unwinding within my bones.

Like a seventh, so close to a perfect octave, but leaves listeners waiting for the next step into resolution, I sit rapidly thinking if my next destination is the widely accepted one. 

Both on the road or in my shower, happy, sad, or whatever feeling I happen to let empower, you float regardless.

You sit in my past memories and in my wanders for tomorrow - The clock ticks and you follow.

Not just your name, but the way you smile when excitement is provoked, the way you respond to annoying occurrences, the way you subtly show me how you truly feel.

A dream that manifested into reality, a mysterious cocoon that became a butterfly, a wish that I once thought was never possible, you showed me it is possible… 

I felt you, I felt your head rest upon my own.

And how we got there was some sort of unknown combined effort, like two hikers climbing opposite sides of a trailless mountain and meeting at the top.

No real words were spoken to hint at our connection, but played out just as a foreign seed sprouts in a new garden. 


The author's comments:

I was going was going through some struggles with a friendship while writing this piece. I captured a bit of how I felt.