Me, Myself, and I | Teen Ink

Me, Myself, and I

By SilverMagic SILVER, Houston, Texas
SilverMagic SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Rejection is Protection" -Unknown

When people first meet me,

They see a girl in a black hoodie and converse most likely than not watching the x games on her laptop because why the heck not.

When they first meet me,

They see a girl who is shy and isn’t all that good at talking through her thoughts.

When they first talk to me,

They see that she is quiet and not going to be the one to start a conversation but the one to play it out like the plays in a basketball game

Watching the time tick down

To the final buzzer

To find out what the hell this person was talking about.

When they first become friends with me,

They will realize that this girl is this crazy in love with a...person... and a snowboarding fool who can write poetry and can feed a lion with a milk bottle and come out completely unfazed.

When people become close to me,

They realize that the love of her life isn’t someone else,

But herself who is filled with adventure and wants to learn about all the weird things on earth.

When those who are close to me say something contradicting to my beliefs,

They see a girl who looks at them like they’re crazy but doesn’t tell them they are wrong.

When people say goodbye to me,

They remember the girl they first met, and then they look at me now, and see that this girl in a hoodie is sweet and kind and a tad bit crazy… ok a lot bit crazy, but that she can write poetry and that she can talk for hours about things she’s passionate about and that she gets off-topic a lot but that’s ok.

When people leave me behind in the past as they move forward with their lives,

They remember me as the girl that is always trying to make people smile.

This poem is about how I view myself and how I want people to see me.