You | Teen Ink

You

January 20, 2019
By a.little.unknown BRONZE, Campbell, Missouri
a.little.unknown BRONZE, Campbell, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sometimes, I wonder what you’re doing. I wonder if the weather is the same where you are. Did it snow there, too? Is it as cold there as it is here? 

Sometimes, I wonder if you’re thinking about me. And sometimes, I even wonder what you look like now. Have you kept your facial hair, got a new haircut? 

Sometimes, I feel obsessive. I don’t mean to wonder these things, but you’re constantly on my mind. Do you even look like the same, innocent, Tennessee boy I fell in love with?

Sometimes, I think to myself, did I do something wrong? Why am I not what you wanted?

Sometimes, I tell myself, I don’t need you. I don’t have to base my character off what you liked, or constantly try to exaggerate the features you said you liked. 

Sometimes, I wonder, will I ever find someone like you? Will I ever see you again? 

And sometimes, I hope. I hope that you miss me, or even think about me. I hope that you find happiness, no matter how much of it you took away from me. I hope that you’re a better person. 

But sometimes, I wonder. 


The author's comments:

Just a short vent about a past breakup, that’s constantly on my mind.