An apology to those who know me | Teen Ink

An apology to those who know me

July 25, 2018
By KenzieB PLATINUM, Papillion, Nebraska
KenzieB PLATINUM, Papillion, Nebraska
22 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The canvas is the door to another dimension. The paintbrush is the key"
-Luhraw


There are days where I can not get out of bed,

Just like there are days where I can not bare to get into bed.

I am forgetful,

Trudging through negativity as if I were baptized in the devil's tears.

Even when I was raised by the positivity of all those around. 

At times I become emotionally detached in which I must apologize for,

Because it is not fair.

It is not fair to those closest to me,

Nor is it fair to those who do not know me at all. 

I am simply bad at being human.

My fear of living grows rapidly,

As I push anything and anyone away who is at harm of my decaying hands.

I am no good here,

Or there,

Or anywhere.

I apologize for taking up too much space and stealing away selfishly at your time.

Just as I am sorry for never quite being there and living the way I am supposed to.

I am demanding and take greedily from thosewho do not deserve the pain I bring.

Thoughts race into my mind,

Leading me into a frenzy of unfinished ideas and massarces my focus to be better.

I am sorry for not telling you sooner about my twisted head and shallow heart.

You all deserve more than what my fraying fingertips have to offer.


The author's comments:

As I continue to learn how to my writing better, I believe in putting all of myself into it. Even if that means putting the demons that lurk in my head out for everyone to see. By doing this I hope to reach out to those who are similar or the same as me. To encourage them that there are things you can do to turn those negative thoughts into something more. For me, that is poetry and art. I also encourage people that are struggling to seek the help they need, whether it is through a trusted adult, friend, or anyone for that matter. You are not alone, We will hear you.