6 Things I Want to Say to My Future Husband | Teen Ink

6 Things I Want to Say to My Future Husband

By teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
teenytinyella SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"A wise girl leaves, before she is left."

1. What took you so long?!

I've spent the best years of my life searching for you, testing out prototypes, getting my heart broken while you took your sweet time, trying out candies you've never seen and music you've never heard.

Well, thanks for finally showing up.

2. I promise you, the journey was worth it.

I've been preparing this home for you and keeping clean my temple for you.

I purchased the best security system so that everything remains spick and span, making sure everything is pure for your arrival but... You know thieves are getting smarter and while I sat to take a break from preparation... 

Someone came inside and robbed my temple, wrecked my temple so, I apologize for things not being as tidy as the they once were.

3. I wrote letters to you, but always had the wrong address, so please excuse the strangers calling the phones and knocking on the doors.

I always included instructions in case you were having troubling finding me but the wrong person always received them.

4. I'm sorry.

I apologize for sometimes flinching at your touch, while searching for your fingers I've encountered poor imitations and I've gotten use to the wrong ones.

I'm sorry for never believing you. I've been fed so many lies that I've forgotten what truth sounded like.

I'm sorry for starring too.

5. I know it bothers you that I have so many reoccurring questions, such as why are you here? What do you expect from me? Or, am I enough?

It's just, so many have appeared wearing a mask with your face, telling me sweet nothings one day and throwing daggers at my heart the next day, sometimes I need reassurance that you aren't in the wrong house or that your love hadn't changed its mind.

6. Thank you. For dealing with the nightmares.

Understanding some days, I can't be touched. Acknowledging that I can stand on my own but that I am still fragile. Thank you for your patience. Allowing me space some nights in bed.

Thank you for being here.

Thank you for loving and accepting me, hopefully one day, I will too.