Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

TheMouseWins said...
I adore this. I like how the narrator is so wrapped up in this person, and yet she says he's a jerk all the same (I can relate...)

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This is really great. Sorry for the advertising, but do you mind checking out some of my newer work? Keep writing :)

GothicNightmare said...
Flows very well in each stanza!

CreativeAngel said...

Very true sometimes with relationships. You can't get out of it even though its bad. Loved the poem and it had a nice pattern to it.

Madelyn H. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:45 am
Wonderful poem, it flowed very well.

JesusFreak10101 said...
Ugh! I hate it when i like a guy thats sort of a jerk to me! Cute peom though! :) Keep up the good work!

ForeverChaney said...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:24 am
its a guyish poem...HAHAHAHAHA...:0

Sky2Lorena said...
hahaha. i love this peom it reminds me of my jerk. i never though i could find a poem that could fit the one i love.

writer3499 said...
This was so good! I love it.

ImJustAGuy said...
I love this, it's hard to explain my feelings for this in words (: please check out some of my writing ! I'm a new and upcoming pet !

Meghan D. said...
Amazing! Just great! Really captures what the real life is when it comes to guys.

HappyEverAfter said...
I love this! The best part of this poem, at least to me, is the first four lines. I love them! 

LalalLULUL said...
OMG THIS IS TOOO TRUE

ClaudeTheDemonButler said...
this is an increadible poem

escape-the-insanityThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:29 am
OMG i love this so much. the fact that i actually just said OMG proves that lol. i don't have to tell you how good it is bc you already have many comments doing that. but this fits a situation i'm in right now to a T.

dramagurl13 said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:59 am
My guy drives me nuts, but he isn't a jerk. He is super nice- but great poem anyway!

ThatMegan said...
Wow, this is amazing! Great job with emotion and detail! I can totally relate and thought of a situation of mine the whole time! Great job grabing and holding the readers attention! Nicely done, keep writing I would love to read more! You've got talent!

MiaUnwriten said...
Cool, it reminds me of my special jerk

Megan_LizFan said...
This is really good! I can really relate to this! Keep up the good work :)

gitfiddleluv13 said...
I really love and understand this poem...I can really relate to it. Great job!!