Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Natalie B. said...
This is beutifull. It really Captures the loving hte you get out of a relationship.

A C. said...
This is the scary truth of the players that obviously know their way around the heart

Keasha This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have a boy that everyone else seems not to like but i see him differently. He can be a jerk sometimes but i learn to live with him. I found a nice jerk, too. Keep up the good writing and hope you go far. This poem is right from the heart and deserves a 5 star rating.

Madi G. said...
I LOVE THIS POEM! It's so original yet so familiar. It is a true 5 star poem.

stacycakes said...
Mar. 26, 2009 at 3:53 am
i love this. i read it in the magazine. its what made me decideto actually submit my work. THANK YOU

Sheebs said...
I know exactly how you feel. Me and my friend Teezy are both having problems with guys write now that we have become infatuated with but that make us wonder how come we fell for them. I'm glad it's not just us. This is deep and you should keep on writing!!!!!!

Michele M. said...
i related well to it, but seems a little sing songish. still good though! ^_^

Emo_Ninji said...
great! gave me chills each time i read it, and i read it over and over. its very insightful to those who have not yet felt this part of love.
very great!!! <3

JessyWeLoveYou said...
wow.....thats amazing...like no lie....gave me chills

marissa L. said...
Mar. 22, 2009 at 4:43 am
i like it (:

Ciara M. said...
Ya i know someone like that

Jacqueline S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
little cliche... doesn't stay on topic

xxJustxxMe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a great poem. I know a couple guys like that...

sondheimfreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a cute poem. I like it.

sumthingspecial said...
cute and funny

KittKat1119 said...
Love it but i think u could use more imagery to get the reader into it more but other than that itz really good

Kristen B. said...
Mar. 20, 2009 at 2:53 am
@$#%!!! I love this peom,

Pie said...
I would use less end stopping, it makes the rhyme scheme too predictable. Also, use more images and less abstractions, show, not tell.

TheFate said...
Mar. 18, 2009 at 4:54 am
This is amazing at demonstrating all the junk we can get into when in love, and still be so happy about it! Love is so blind and still so full of life. I can really relate to the whole 'jerk' persona!

silver said...
i love it is very nice, awesome rhymes keep om writing