Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

ShonnaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Girl, never was spoken any truer words.

Caleb S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah... I suppose I am this jerk. I have been told it too many times, and when my friend told me to read this poem on teenink, I was hurt. Thank you... you have brought me back to reality and that helped me more than you can believe.

OldYoungOne said...
Funnt how this poem describe the I felt about my past crushes.... I like. Come and see about my poems sometime I'd appreciate the comments and rate

Mickey17 said...
Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:18 am
this really made me think. thank you

onehappyaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:27 am
Wow! Incredible! I could relate entirely, look forward to more :D

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this! Great job!

dotsonboy99 said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 11:10 am
i liked the line . i love your cocky smile  

sarah.small18 said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:40 am
Very good flow. I liked it a lot.

Morgan B. said...
Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:12 am
The rhyming was unneeded, only a certain amount of words can ryhme. And you're hiding. I don't feel as if this guy is a jerk. This is petty and cliche. The repetition wasn't effective, I felt as if it was kind of redundant.

NotWriting_BazingaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:13 am
It is so simple... yet so intense. Totally relateable and sad. i love it.

The_Quiet_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ah, yes. I had a "jerk" of my own before....As a matter of fact, I was engaged to him at one point...But I learned my lesson.  You did a wonderful job with this poem. :)

tatertot15 said...
Just as everyone else is saying, it is very easy to relate. I have a 'jerk' of my own

stillhuman said...
I love this poem because I think that all teenagers can relate. Very well written and the word choice was beautifully exicuted(:

KeidraB said...
Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:33 am
Awesome.....Wonderful Word Choice!!!

remember16 said...
Sept. 27, 2012 at 7:08 am
this is amazing, i can relate to this.... !!!!!

1doodlebug0 said...
You just made me cry... that sounds just like my ex-boyfriend who is still in love with me and visa -versa...

KayleeG said...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 9:25 am
definatly one of my favorite poems!

garshongjasmine said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 10:37 am
this is beautiful and well written

bloodykittenz said...
check out my posts! i really love writing and want feedback! ill read yours if you comment and rate!

__katherene said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 9:54 am
this is really nice, and cute.