Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

ktopakian15 said...
This is an amazing piece of poetry please check my poem out, and tell me what you think

musicisthegoodlife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 am
amazing work -simple yet relatable! Keep writing~

Marlea_1997 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 am
Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!

In_Love_with_Writing said...
This was fantastic!!!! And please read, rate, and comment on some of my stories. It means a lot to me :)

Becausethesunsup said...
I adore this. I really do. I feel as though these were the words I had been so desperate to set to paper when I had been experiencing this.

Ghoshy said...
It's really great... good job!!!

Shonna said...
Girl, never was spoken any truer words.

Caleb S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah... I suppose I am this jerk. I have been told it too many times, and when my friend told me to read this poem on teenink, I was hurt. Thank you... you have brought me back to reality and that helped me more than you can believe.

OldYoungOne said...
Funnt how this poem describe the I felt about my past crushes.... I like. Come and see about my poems sometime I'd appreciate the comments and rate

Mickey17 said...
Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:18 am
this really made me think. thank you

onehappyaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:27 am
Wow! Incredible! I could relate entirely, look forward to more :D

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this! Great job!

dotsonboy99 said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 11:10 am
i liked the line . i love your cocky smile  

sarah.small18 said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:40 am
Very good flow. I liked it a lot.

Morgan B. said...
Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:12 am
The rhyming was unneeded, only a certain amount of words can ryhme. And you're hiding. I don't feel as if this guy is a jerk. This is petty and cliche. The repetition wasn't effective, I felt as if it was kind of redundant.

NotWriting_Bazinga This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:13 am
It is so simple... yet so intense. Totally relateable and sad. i love it.

The_Quiet_Girl said...
Ah, yes. I had a "jerk" of my own before....As a matter of fact, I was engaged to him at one point...But I learned my lesson.  You did a wonderful job with this poem. :)

tatertot15 said...
Just as everyone else is saying, it is very easy to relate. I have a 'jerk' of my own

stillhuman said...
I love this poem because I think that all teenagers can relate. Very well written and the word choice was beautifully exicuted(:

KeidraB said...
Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:33 am
Awesome.....Wonderful Word Choice!!!