Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Taeve said...
What made you write this ?

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
*Nice to say

lovely-depressed replied...
@carlmarks15: "Good try though! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :)" Really?! While I couldn't agree with you more about this poem and how it was written - I'm no fan of cliche topics and forced rhymes myself - I do think it was pretty phony of you to unleash such a harsh barrage on this person's work, only to follow it up with that little quip at the end: "Try, try again" - Like you think that'll make her feel any better? After having you te... (more »)

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is beautiful and so true when you're young! Love it!!!

Kay.P replied...
May 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
So true i can relate it reminds me of a jerk i know

r_dharrr said...
Sept. 26, 2013 at 8:04 am
Lovelovelove it.

writingmystory27 said...
I think....for the people who don't like it, just don't understand it. It's a good poem, but for some people it has no meaning. But maybe this girl has a deep meaning behind, which some people saw. And if you want to get published, go to the writers forum and ask for lots of votes on your work.

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really? THIS has that any comments? THIS was published in the magazine? I mean, it's a good poem, but aside from the jerk part, there is just nothing special about this poem. So....please remind me how people see THIS as one of the best poems on the site, deserving such attention?

Mkath replied...
I Know! I feel the same way! and then you also see those top rated poems on the first page of the website that are like 2 lines long and aren't really that deep at all  when there are so many other peoms that are longer and flow better and obviously had someones heart and soul poured into it and they barly get any attention at all!

Nicole H. replied...
Sept. 21, 2013 at 1:03 am
I agree also. I know many girls feel the same way so the poem seems relatable and mutual, but I don't really see why I deserves this much attention.

NostalgiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Honestly, if the editors thought it was good enough to be in the magazine, why don't you just let it be? Imagine how happy this person was to see that his or her poem was published. Don't take that special feeling away because of your jealousy.

Shades-Of-Ink3023This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm not jealous. I even said that it was a good poem. I just don't see how THIS poem was published in the magazine. Oh, and way to assume that I'm jealous. -_-

And if one person can take away all of the joy of this poem getting into the magazine for that person, he/she has some serious problems.

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:38 am
I agree.   

Alabian said...
This is such a sweet poem! The whole idea of her loving someone so much and then referring to him as a "jerk" is so perfect! 5/5!

Christian T. said...
That's a really amazing poem. It's really awesome to see those feelings through a girls point of view instead of mine. GREAT JOB!

summergirl21 said...
This poem has always been a favorite, but I was wondering if anyone noticed the incredibly similar structure between this and the poem 10 Things I Hate About You from the 90's movie with Heath Ledger. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they sound a lot alike. Nothing against this poem though. I love it!

NILAKSHI008This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow.... too good

Poetrylover_1 said...
I dont necessarily like rhyming poems, but this poem is very nice, straight to the point and talks about a person that acceps the other for who they and loves everything about them.

CarrieElizabeth said...
I don't really understand why this poem has gotten so much praise. It's simple and doesn't give any detail, as well as the fact that it rhymes. It's an overused concept (you're a jerk but I love you) and an elementary rhyme scheme. The lines "and yet you're the best jerk I see" i feel tie the poem together, but I still can't wrap my head around it. It's pretty, but I feel like it's something anybody could've done.

FilmEcho68 replied...
I agree with you. I feel like this concept is overused. The idea is good, but when it is used all the time, it loses its wow factor.