Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really? THIS has that any comments? THIS was published in the magazine? I mean, it's a good poem, but aside from the jerk part, there is just nothing special about this poem. So....please remind me how people see THIS as one of the best poems on the site, deserving such attention?

Shades-Of-Ink3023This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm not jealous. I even said that it was a good poem. I just don't see how THIS poem was published in the magazine. Oh, and way to assume that I'm jealous. -_-

And if one person can take away all of the joy of this poem getting into the magazine for that person, he/she has some serious problems.

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 26 at 9:38 am
I agree.   

Alabian said...
This is such a sweet poem! The whole idea of her loving someone so much and then referring to him as a "jerk" is so perfect! 5/5!

Christian T. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That's a really amazing poem. It's really awesome to see those feelings through a girls point of view instead of mine. GREAT JOB!

summergirl21 said...
This poem has always been a favorite, but I was wondering if anyone noticed the incredibly similar structure between this and the poem 10 Things I Hate About You from the 90's movie with Heath Ledger. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they sound a lot alike. Nothing against this poem though. I love it!

NILAKSHI008This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow.... too good

Poetrylover_1 said...
I dont necessarily like rhyming poems, but this poem is very nice, straight to the point and talks about a person that acceps the other for who they and loves everything about them.

CarrieElizabeth said...
I don't really understand why this poem has gotten so much praise. It's simple and doesn't give any detail, as well as the fact that it rhymes. It's an overused concept (you're a jerk but I love you) and an elementary rhyme scheme. The lines "and yet you're the best jerk I see" i feel tie the poem together, but I still can't wrap my head around it. It's pretty, but I feel like it's something anybody could've done.

FilmEcho68This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I agree with you. I feel like this concept is overused. The idea is good, but when it is used all the time, it loses its wow factor. 

But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good writer!(: Love this!

WatercolorWriter said...
I love this poem!!! :)

Call_Me_AriaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:38 am
This is straight to the point, with simple, understandable language. I REALLY LIKE THIS :D

EmAngster00 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this was amazing! I love your rhythmic style and rhymes. And it's funny how i can completely relate to this. *_*

Bluetooth13 said...
Great! :) check out my work?

Isibeal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so creaative! 

MeganGuineyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:44 am
I LOVE THIS!  So clever & relateable, good job! :)

hrofficial said...
I wish I wrote this. It's so funny and so true.

justkiddinguniversity said...
That was a great poem. A lot of people can relate to it, including me! Keep writing poems and stay awesome!! :)

feliciasmith said...
mine to