Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Poetrylover_1 said...
I dont necessarily like rhyming poems, but this poem is very nice, straight to the point and talks about a person that acceps the other for who they and loves everything about them.

CarrieElizabeth said...
I don't really understand why this poem has gotten so much praise. It's simple and doesn't give any detail, as well as the fact that it rhymes. It's an overused concept (you're a jerk but I love you) and an elementary rhyme scheme. The lines "and yet you're the best jerk I see" i feel tie the poem together, but I still can't wrap my head around it. It's pretty, but I feel like it's something anybody could've done.

FilmEcho68This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:11 pm :
I agree with you. I feel like this concept is overused. The idea is good, but when it is used all the time, it loses its wow factor. 

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:44 pm :
But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good writer!(: Love this!

WatercolorWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this poem!!! :)

Call_Me_AriaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:38 am:
This is straight to the point, with simple, understandable language. I REALLY LIKE THIS :D

EmAngster00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm:
Wow this was amazing! I love your rhythmic style and rhymes. And it's funny how i can completely relate to this. *_*

Bluetooth13 said...
Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:09 pm:
Great! :) check out my work?

IsibealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:44 pm:
This is so creaative! 

MeganGuiney said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:44 am:
I LOVE THIS!  So clever & relateable, good job! :)

hrofficial said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:08 pm:
I wish I wrote this. It's so funny and so true.

justkiddinguniversity said...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:16 pm:
That was a great poem. A lot of people can relate to it, including me! Keep writing poems and stay awesome!! :)

feliciasmith said...
May 10, 2013 at 12:49 pm:
mine to   

AmericaBeauty said...
May 9, 2013 at 12:09 pm:
Love it. really good and lovely

KassandraMichelle263451 said...
May 8, 2013 at 11:42 am:
This poem is very cool and compleatly understand I hope you are happy with that person. :) 

AshleighML said...
May 7, 2013 at 9:38 pm:
I absolutely love this poem ! It like describes my whole situation right now . As soon as I read it, I was like, dang !

justkiddinguniversity replied...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:19 pm :
i know right?!

Jen4197 said...
May 3, 2013 at 10:18 am:
It made me laugh:) I love this poem:)

devan1223 said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:25 am:
awesome poem!!! also if anyone one could check out the poem i just put up thanks!! (:  

JustADreamerGirl said...
This is great! I would appreciate if some of you guys would check out the poem I just posted and would rate it. Thanks!