Two boys, one vow, together

Merge with me, One vow

We were born children, herald the innocence
We made promises, sealed amongst the Great skies
Crossing scorn and peril and hatred,
Beyond laws and people and pain,
And a voice that says: ‘ I do !’
Waltzing under Mighty heaven, fret not, rejoice!

Merge with me, share my sacrament,
One boy with another, to the Gate of God,
Before the King himself we submit,
Cascading lady Fortune herself in tears...
Shall help two souls ‘twine forever,
For you, for I, and the Lord’s glory!

Carry your banners my dear, the Time has come!
In sixty seconds against a distant road,
Bear our truth, a giant Light is coming,
Two hearts beats as one- a dancing flame
The birds chime, the moon charms...
Two boys, together in one Breathe, one Life, one Vow!

Even though Hell may bar our path,
Sickened with loath and cowardice around;
If our oath ever fall into despair,
Wretched by the world, laughed upon,
We hold the Truth, like cosmic spheres above,
Stand! For one life is all we have, for you, for I, for God!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:40 pm:
LOVED this!!! Please keep writing so beautifully :)

Kiki_McGee said...
Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 am:
I totally agree! I love the feel the poem gave off, the word choice, and the theme. Keep writing :)

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hm. Powerful. The Arthurian, epic tone of this poem brings it a certain power that nothing else could. Your tone is commanding, and urgent, which is exactly what this poem needs to convey its thesis- not a logos, but an ethos, an experience. 

KnitsandPurls replied...
Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:28 pm :
What PaigeStreet said is what I was thinking, but I was not elequoent enough to process my thought into words! this is a very, very good piece of writing, Shakespeare! :) ha ha

Mashley310 said...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:37 am:
Extremely well written! This piece will definately inspire all who agree with you, and make those who don't take another look at what makes the sacrament of marriage holy. Great imagery and word choice! :-)

Nguyenkhanhtran replied...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:43 am :
inspire or not, that i leave to their conscience. Marriage...is an oath between two people, who have been touched by love. It's very private, and so are love acts for me. For those who agree with my words, it is great to see the light at the end- but the scorn, peril has to be recognized too. Towards all couples for that matter, not just my own- two boys- what makes love worth cuddling by, really. Thank you for your comments. 

Ga-GahKayMarie said...
:) I read in one of your other poems you are Cathlioc in a commet and I am as well, though the theme of this poem does not seem like someone that is Cathlioc would write it. Though I agree with you and support :) love is love and you will prove yourself :)

Black_Rose_Princess said...
Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:53 am:
Hmm...not sure what to say really. Although I don't agree with homosexuality, I found that your poem had emaculate word choice. Just as well, there is a lot of emotion behind each word. And I think I could discern the message you wanted to get across; it is pretty loud, even though I really don't agree with it, but to each his own...so very well-written!  

Nguyenkhanhtran replied...
Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:33 am :
Thank you black rose for your constructive compliment! Well, I wrote this as a promise to myself to be with one only, whoever he is. Every relationship can be scarred by betrayal, jealousy, doubt, well, i do know that it started from nothing. A choice to follow that, i'll be miserable without love! it's a present! It'll take a lot to prove myself worthy of this gift. Anyways, thank you for your visit :)