Blue Eyes As Cold As The Winter Weather | Teen Ink

Blue Eyes As Cold As The Winter Weather

By blank_pages BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma
blank_pages BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma

BLUE EYES AS COLD,
AS THE WINTER WEATHER.
TWO SIMPLE PIECES,
SLOWLY COME TOGETHER.
SOMEDAY THE WORLD WILL FALL APART
BUT GOD’S LOVE WILL FALTER NEVER.
SWORDS MAY CLASH, BUT LIGHT WILL WIN, WHILE EVIL
WILL ONE DAY SEVER.
I ALL BEGAN WITH TWO DECEIVING BLUE EYES,
COLD AS THE WINTER WEATHER.
A GIRL ONCE LOST BUT IS NOW,
SLOWLY BEING PIECED TOGETHER.
AND WHEN SHE FALLS APART,
GOD’S LOVE WILL LEAVE HER NEVER.
HER FAITH MAY NOT BE STRONG, BUT BY THE TRUTH OF GOD,
HER DOUBT WILL ONE DAY SEVER.
HER BLUE EYES BECAME BRIGHTER,
AS HE GUIDES HER AWAY FROM DESERT.
AND SHE DOES HER BEST TO STAND ON TREMBLING KNEES, AS HE HOLDS HER HAND
THROUGH THE WINTER WEATHER.

The reason I wrote this poem is actually really weird. I had this dream, a few months ago, that I was on my bed and was furiously writing a poem in a notebook. When I woke up, I remembered nothing of what I had written. A few nights later, I was reading the poem out-loud to someone and the only line I had remembered was "and her eyes, her blue eyes as cold as the winter weather." The next night my dream was that I had friends over and one of them grabbed a notebook from my desk and began to read it, once again I only remembered that one line.

So I told a couple friends and family members about the dream and my Aunt suggested I try writing the line down and seeing what happens. A few weeks later, after having had no more dreams about it, I grabbed my notebook, plopped down on my bed and wrote down what I remembered and suddenly, I was writing a complete poem, without over thinking it. Within five to ten minutes, I was finished and I read over it, feeling like the lines had a strange familiarity to them.