Seize The Day

Seize the day like it is your last
Talk to old friends like time never past
Care for your enemies like they are your kin
Begin the day knowing that you will certainly win
Give more than you take like Jesus would do
Show compassion to others like it isn’t something knew
Work each day like your not getting rewarded
Help others in need just as the Lord did.
Be proud of who you are because you are matchless
Enjoy time spent with your family because it is priceless
End each day with a prayer for the future and past
Seize this day because it could be your last.

dreamshaker This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
loved it - only advice I have has already been covered (past vs. passed), but otherwise it was perfect.

maizyiscrazy said...
Wow! This is great. Very positive and lovely. Just a quick question, why didn't you add a picture?

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:47 am
Exactly what we should all do each day---perfect way to describe the phrase "carpe diem." Just one thing, in the eleventh line it should be "new" not "knew", but I'm sure that's just a typo.

LoudDreamer replied...

The second line, It should say "time never passed". It is hard to catch those in something you wrote yourself because it sounds right and you know it is a word. Always wait a full day before you submit it. It helps you look at it with fresh eyes. I learned that the hard way.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I IS the perfect discription or carpe diem!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
this is good and besides the typo and like two lines that seemed to be a little to forcefully rhymed it was beautifully written I especially like the way it starts and ends the same it's a nice touch-good job

Let-it-breathe said...
Great message and fantastic poem

Let-it-breathe said...
Fantistic poem. Great meaning to it.

JustAnotherOwl said...
I really like this! I think it was nice how it started and ended on the same idea; seize the day. I like the openly...religious, I guess, theme, because I feel like so many people try to tiptoe around religion these days...One thing- it would be "new", not "knew", but I'm sure that was just a typo. Anyway, it was really great! (:

PoetryAngel14 said...
Great job and a really good philosophical point :)