Chasing Childhood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I had a dream last night
Where I saw childhood run away.
I chased it ’til I could no more
And everything faded to gray

What happened to the picnics?
Cotton candy at the fair?
Nobody goes anymore
Too busy to even care

Where are the dress-up clothes?
Trips for ice cream after school?
Now we’re doing homework
Or pretending not to, if you’re cool

I woke up the next morning
Wondering why I was so blue
And I realized it was no dream
I let childhood go too soon.

Bubbs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:05 am
I wish I could write like you! Xx

InkWriter13 said...
Beautiful writing. Loved every word. I totally relate with this. I feel like childhood slips away quickly from us--especially as we struggle through teen years. I love how you used it as a dream. Superb writing. Great perspective. Great clarity. 5 stars. Would you comment on two of my poems? :)

jellybean said...

kinda like my older sister becuz she got with older guy so ya

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Cool~ This is great!

illusions said...
its very realteble! can u plx check me out and comment plz? thnx

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I have to disagree with everybody when they say that is was perfect. I think that you kind of threw off the rhyme scheme on the last verse, when I read it I kinda felt like someone jabbed me with thier finger. But otherwise keep up the good work! It's better than a lot of my stuff! I love the subject you chose, I think that you did a very good job of making it something relatable and it was very gereally good. I think a lot of us, myself included, can't help but wonder w... (more »)

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 11:01 am
such a beautiful & powerful poem. i really like this!

maraquette.koss said...
so simple and clean, really beautiful message

Chibbie said...

It reminds me soo much of my life right now. Very good work. I would love  you criticisim in my own work please :)

AbhiYNWA4lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 5:28 am
Short But Sweet!

Bushra G. said...

Gosh. Few words, great value. I love this. <3 It kinda got me emotional.

im a fan.

Bushra G. replied...
I'd appreciate it if ya'll also give feedback to the recent story i've uploaded and rate it. Constructive criticism is always encouraged also. Thanks

iluff2sing said...
This is a really great poem. It perfectly describes what I feel so often. Kudos!

Music0609This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic job!!! It's soo true. I often think of this too...I wrote a poem about it, but not as good as this :) Keep writing!!! <3

Lindsey B. said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 12:44 am
lovely poem. fantastic writing. don't stop because you have a special gift. :)

HaleyDRog. said...
Wow!! Really great. I am never let down when I read a new peice of your work! Are are a gifted writer!

lmd_4994 said...
Aw! I really like it!

whateverjulietThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW! i loved it!!! absolutely lovet it!

FlawlessLawlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow!!! this is great!!! loved it!

Erin E. said...
Amazing. It really makes you think about how time is passing.