Why mommy? | Teen Ink

Why mommy?

By Nikayla BRONZE, Milo, Maine
Nikayla BRONZE, Milo, Maine

Mommy, why are you crying so much? Why is daddy leaving? What’s going on? Who are these people?

Yesterday was just the same, another dark morning with an over cast of sorrow. There’s just no more sunlight left in this room.
Chorus:
I’m breaking out of here, climbing out my window, hiding in the car waiting for you to pull away, I can still hear her sobbing in to her empty box of tissues. How did this happen it was all so good. Family dinner on Tuesday and movie on Friday. A kiss goodnight from each other. Now were all broken up and torn apart.
Verse:
I guess this is what happens when mommy and daddy fight. She will scream he will hide, then she’ll say he hits her and we all know damn well never. Picking up this dagger is about as happy as I’ve been. Daddy pulls over when he hears my tears, opens up the back holds me tight and he said, were gonna get outta here.
Chorus:
Were breaking out of here, climbing out my window hiding in the car, waiting for you to pull away, I can still hear her sobbing in her empty box of tissues. How did this happen it was all so good. Family dinner on Tuesday and movie on Friday. A kiss goodnight from each other. Now were all broken and torn apart.
Verse:
Driving faster then every out of town to an old friends house. Mommy called again just another fight. She wanted to hear my voice but he wouldn’t let her.
I’m breaking out of here going out the front door waiting for the bus to come. I still hear him cry over her sobbing into her empty box of tissues. I’m starting to see how this happen. Every Tuesday dinner movie on Friday, it was never perfect. And every kiss goodnight had a tear behind it, waiting to scream.
Chorus:
Verse:
We broke outta there, left her behind, some times I wonder how she’s doing, its been awhile since we last spoke, I think I’ll call her up. I called her up. She’s doing fine she’s doing great, she got her own new family, he is going to college and she cleans his clothes. She wants to know about dad I said, He’s doing fine he’s doing great. He’s got just me and him same old thing.
Chorus: (2x)
Were breaking out of here, climbing out my window hiding in the car, waiting for you to pull away, I can still hear her sobbing in her empty box of tissues. How did this happen it was so good. Family dinner on Tuesday and movie on Friday. A kiss goodnight from each other. Now were all broken and torn apart.

song lyrics not a poem, it happened but there are some elements of it at made up

Ciara Murch said...
Ciara Murch, Buffalo, New York
That was too long But that was good keep it up!