Two Silly Sisters | Teen Ink

Two Silly Sisters

By km45115 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
km45115 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

She is the only one that understands me. I am the only one who understands her. Two silly sisters with silly personalities and humor no one else gets but me. Two who don’t laugh at normal things but should. Two sounds of laughter coming from all over. From our room, my brother can hear us, but Alex tries to sleep as he doesn't understand what’s so funny.

Our humor is a secret. My father sending mean looks when we’re supposed to be quiet. The laughter gets louder and louder as the sounds embed into their heads as they try to bite the silence with violent teeth but can never escape the laughter. This is how they act.

Let one forget the reason for smiling, they’d all fall to the ground like a raindrop in a thunderstorm. Quiet, quiet, quiet, they say when we laugh. They taunt.

When I am too happy and too silly to keep snickering, when I am laughing so hard, then it is I look at my sister. When there is nothing left to laugh at in this world. Two who always find a reason to smile. To me who seek and do not forget to seek. Two whose only reason is to smile and smile.