what a feeling | Teen Ink

what a feeling

By corarae.999 BRONZE, Middleville , Michigan
corarae.999 BRONZE, Middleville , Michigan

i dont have one

I think it's a wonder, that feeling. You'll know what i'm talking about by the end or maybe even soon. It’s a wonderful feeling to love, love in many types of ways whether it's friendships, relationships, family, you name it. It's all a different feeling but the joy that comes along with it is wonderful. It’s the power, the warm feeling in your chest whenever you see that someone or something. But, when you bring something into the world, something you, yourself kept safe and warm for 9 months out of the year is i'm sure, one of the happiest things around. When you hear your baby cry you know she's ok, you know she has a bunch of life in her, she cries because she's cold and doesn't know what's going on, and you cry because of the blessing you are holding in your arms. Its when she simply starts to calm down and maybe even smile a little bit, closing her eyes because she's had a long day, she's tired. She feels safe in the arms of her mother, her soothing mom’s words and her warm embrace pressed against her soft new skin; her tiny little fingers wrap around yours, and nothing can stop that feeling in your heart, the smile on your face, everything you've ever wanted, planned or not, she is your everything she is now your world and your happiness, she is now your life. That may be terrifying and it probably is, but it's also exciting. It’s a miracle, that I know.

Gracelynn, Marie Olvera, you just joined this world last night, you're not even a day old and yet you have changed so many people's lives. Mine, because you are giving me something to look forward to, lately I haven’t had much to smile about, but you, you are now that reason. And, your mom, she loves you; she will take care of you, and your dad, my brother, he's away a lot and you can't feel his touch until April, but you are now the center of his world. You are loved and cared about and nothing will ever changed that. Gracelynn, when I found out your mom was in labor I was ecstatic! It seems like just yesterday she was telling us she was pregnant with you. Thinking about you and holding you makes me smile. You are my niece, my first one, and I will love you when you feel like no one else does, I will watch you and help you grow, I will feed you and spend nights with you waking up to your every call. I will hold you when you cry and be there when you teeth, i'll be there when you grow up, I will be there through your first heartbreak, i'll be there on your wedding day telling cute stories about your chubby baby self. But, for now, you have too much innocence to talk about this cruel world, you dont know whats coming for you but baby girl i'll be here.  You are sin free, you are innocent and nothing can touch you. You are a beautiful 9 lbs, 1 ounce, and 19”. You are perfect and I won't let anyone else make you feel otherwise. This is a letter to you, as you can see, a letter that I plan on never showing you. But i'm writing it for more than a grade, i'm writing it to remind myself of you in the future i'm writing it because right now, you are all i've been thinking about. I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to hear your little grunts and baby burps. You’re truly a gift this world has received, and I can't wait to see you grow into someone incredible. You’re worthy of so much, you’re strong enough to not let society beat you down, I can already tell. And i'll make sure you are. 

-Aunt cora. (cooler than a mom).

this was suppose to be a piece about just one type of love but then i started to write about my niece a family kind of love.