To My Liam | Teen Ink

To My Liam

July 26, 2016
By madds11 SILVER, La Porte City, Iowa
madds11 SILVER, La Porte City, Iowa
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't you know you're beautiful? Every inch of you. Even your scars, your fears, and your biggest mistakes, because they are all a part of you." -unknown


To my Liam,
Hey you, I just want to take the time to say thank you. Thank you for making me, a better me. As my first born nephew, I got to experience a lot of firsts with you. Like feeding you from a bottle, holding my first baby, my first babysitting job, my first diaper (which I really didn't want to deal with, so thanks kid), my first baby spitting up on me, and my first love. Liam, the minute I laid my nine year old eyes on you, you had me hooked. I couldn't wait to buy everything for you. I had a new perspective on life, I was in fourth grade with a mind set that I had to do better for you, make sure that I read and did my math homework all for a little boy I had only known for a day. Now that little boy is seven, you still run to me with open arms so I can pick you up, spin you around, and make sure you are doing okay. You also never fail to show me your latest MineCraft invention or your new Pokèmon cards, (which I'm sorry to your parents that I keep buying you new packs of cards.) I do know that soon enough you won't be running into my arms to give me a hug, you will be too big to pick up and when that day comes, I might cry. You do make life a bit crazy but I love it that way. I love our dance parties, Dragon Tale days, and Lego days. Most of all, I love every moment I get to spend with you, even if it's just going to McDonald's when I wanted Subway. It's all so I can get that smile on your face and a "I love you too aunt Maddy."
It's all worth it because at the end of the day you are my first nephew, first love, and first best friend. I love you more than you will ever know Fart Knocker.
Love, Aunt Mad????


The author's comments:

This piece is about my nephew Liam. One of my best friends and the kid that keeps me happy and on my toes. I love you bud