Still | Teen Ink

Still

March 14, 2016
By Trinityzinth GOLD, Thornton, Colorado
Trinityzinth GOLD, Thornton, Colorado
14 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
There is a bit of beauty in everything, it's just up to you to find it.


I still sit here and wait for you to come.
I still sit here and wait for you to open up that door.
I still sit here and wait for you to come say “Good morning, have a good day at school.”
I still sit here and wait for you to go stand in your corner.
I still sit here thinking you're still here.
I still sit here and think about you
I still miss you.


The author's comments:

My grandmother pasted away February 24, 2016. The worst day of my life. My mother, my younger brother, and I moved in with my grandmother to take care of her after she was diagnosed with lung cancer then a year later got a large blood clot in her heart. With these past few months have been hard watching her hurt so bad, but on the bright side I got to learn from herr and become even closer with her. The day she passed my mother was with her while my brother and I slept. We woke up to the sound of our own mother shouting for help for her mom. I had to make the call to the Fire and Rescue department. My family was held together only by my grandmother who is now with the angels. Everyday I walk past her door and cry knowing I will never be able to talk to her again. 

In Loving Memory of Barbra Cochran 

I love you Grandamama