I smile | Teen Ink

I smile

October 23, 2015
By Gabriel99 BRONZE, Mt.sterling, Kentucky
Gabriel99 BRONZE, Mt.sterling, Kentucky
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I smile all the time so that nobody knows
how sad and lonely I really am.
I don’t want people to pity me because I am upset or depressed.
I smile to make people think “hey I’m okay so don’t give me your pity”.
I don’t want to be thrown out of society for a simple frown, thrown into a group of rejects who are honestly amazing people.
I smile to let others have a better day, because I care way too much about others and how they are feeling.
We are all falling
Some of us land on clouds some of us fall through and hit the ground below.
There it is rock bottom. consuming all who fall upon it. While we sit down here and scream and curse at those who landed on the cloud, they sit there without a care, not remembering those who didn’t deserve to fall and hit rock bottom.
I smile to those who have hit rock bottom so that they know that they can climb out of rock bottom and into the clouds.
I smile because I think everyone deserves a second chance at life, because life is hard and it will knock you down countless amounts of times but you have to stay confident and get back up because you know life will eventually get better.
I smile because I am secretly hurting on the inside and if I let it out, then someone else is bound to get hurt.
I smile because I want to give others hope.
I smile because I know one day I won’t be sad and lonely anymore, I know life will get tired of me eventually and just leave me alone.