In the Middle

In the middle of everything lies something we want the most.
Think about it.
Like in the middle of your oreo there is icing. In the middle of a year there is a vacation, summer.
In the middle of a body there is a heart.
In the middle of a relationship there is love.
In the middle of life you flourish.
The beginnings and the endings of everything aren't really so great. It's the part in the middle we look forward too.
In the beginning we build up to it, and in the end we look back on memories and wish we could start from the beginning once again so that we can get back to the middle.
So here i am in the beginning of my life.
So much is just beginning while other stuff is ending.
I'm also right in the middle of it all.

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow...I LOVE this poem. It's definitely one of my absolute favorites. I love poems that make me think outside of what other poets describe. I love the way you took something so simple and made it so powerful. Extremely well done! Check out some of my work, too if you'd like. As for now...Five stars!!!

Poet4God This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for your comment! I was reading your profile and you like to do a lot of the same things I like to do. Especially iceskate and listen to music! But I'll always write poetry..I love it!