Our Trip To The Other Side | Teen Ink

Our Trip To The Other Side

By yunii_noriega20 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
yunii_noriega20 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

In Mexico city lives a family that their dream was to come to the U.S.A. the martinez family had a good jouse were they live , but the only problem was that their property was poor. they are a lot of slums,garbge everywhere, little kids selling gums to help out their family. Guadalupe's father was a taxi driver during the day , and during the night he would go work at a gasoline station.  He worked two jobs to give his family what they needed which is food,clothes, and a roof to live in.  The fathers dream was to leave to the other side (U.S.A)  to get a better job and save money for the coyote for his wife and two childrens.
“Familia I got a plan so we can have a better life"- Luis 
"What’s the plan husband"- Mrs. Martinez
"Look my plan is to leave to the U.S.A wife so i can get a better job than when I save money, I’m get a coyote for you and my children’s"- Luis
“Mm.. well I really don't like the plan but if you think it’s better for us then go ahead "- Mrs. Martinez

A nice sunny day in Mexico when Luis was packing his things ready to leave to the U.S.A. The wife and his two children’s were very sad because they were going to stay alone, but they were also happy because one day they going to the other side.
"Papa I don't want you to leave"- Junior
“I have to leave, I promise you that I will call you every Sunday" - Luis
“Okay papa, I will take care of mama and Lupita for you... Be careful when you are crossing the border"- Junior
"Okay pues ya es hora que me vaya.. Lupita, promise me that you will help mom around and don't cry mija we will be together soon, I love you"- Luis
"Be safe when you are going to the other side"- All the family. It was hard for Lupita, Junior and the mother to live in Mexico without their father. But the was happy because finally his dream can come true, During Luis trip he saw a lot of dead bodies, and dead animals in the desert. Four of the people that where walking with Luis coyote got arrested by la Migra because they didn’t run because they were tired of walking.
“We are tired can we take a break"- The walkers
"No if we take a break its going to take us more time to get to the other side"- Coyote
Days passed and Luis was finally at the U.S.A. The poverty was different from Mexico because the houses were in better conditions, and you wouldn't see any kid working. The next day Luis went out to look for a job at a gas station. He found a job as a constructer worker. That job payed him good money.
"With this money I can bring my family, just lie in a couple months they can be with me"-Luis
Luis was living with one of his family member that lived in L.A. It was hard for Luis to live in another place without his family and also because he didn’t know how to speak English. Sunday morning Luis ade a call to his family.
" Hola Lupita , it’s me your father , how is everything going over there in Mexico"-Luis
"Hola papa, everything is going good over here, what about you"- LUpita
"Im doing good too, I got a job now"-Luis 

Two years passed when Luis had finally got the money for the coyote. Luis called his wife to give her the good news.
"Hola Maria, it’s me Luis, I got a good news for you and the kids"-Luis
"Hola Luis what is the good news"-Maria
"You and the kids are coming to the other side, you need to get ready tomorrow morning the coyote will pick you up"- Luis
"Okay we will be ready, we miss you a lot"-Maria
"I miss you guys too, I worked hard this whole years to save money"-Luis
Finally Luis will be together with his wife and kids.

It was a cold foggy Monday when Maria, junior, and Lupita were ready to leave to the U.S.A.  Outside their house there were two coyotes. One of the coyote was for Maria and the other coyote for Lupita and Junior. Once they found out that they were not traveling together they got sad.
“Mama, we don't want to leave you alone"-Lupita and Junior
“you guys will be together once we get to the other side"- Coyote. The trip for Lupita and Junior was going great because they pass the border by car, and they had no problems. But for the mother the trip wasn't going so well because she got cough using a fake information from someone else that have papers. Maria was put in jail for a couple of days into she got out and they to cross the border one more time.

When Maria, Lupita and Junior got to the U.S.A, they were waiting for Luis to go pick them up. It was hard for them to learn another language because people will make fun of them. They liked their new life at the other side because they had things they didn’t have in Mexico like a good looking house, their own backyard, a better education, more money. Years passed Lupita and Junior had a new baby sister. They lived happy after all.

immigration

ninjaballerina1234, Eureka, Missouri

everything is always ok in the end if everything is not ok its not the end

I like how you used improper English to emphasize the language barrier between immigrants and Americans. I love your style and hope you write more!