Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

anthony s said...
i really dislike this poem and i don't like what you said, but i respect your opinion

carijoy replied...

Thank you all for your thoughts. :)

Anthony, thank you for respecting my opinion, but being honest in yours. I want to know more about why you don't like it... because you really weren't specific.

Demetria, thank you for sticking up for me. That was sweet. :)

Farrell, I completely agree. I LOVE fairy tale endings, they are definitely an escape and an enjoyment, but I wish I was raised around more reality too. I'm not saying that I don't believe in happy endings but... (more »)

Fuh-rel replied...
no i completely agree, i wish that people were more realistic about love especially teenagers. Most of them think that the person they have been dating for a month there going to marry and that they are completely in love with and its ridiculous. NOt saying that you ant have strong feelings for someone when you are young because you can

ihmaGhetH3m said...
May 24, 2010 at 10:31 am
yeah ht wasx cool nhd sick aht dha shame tyme..2whoevaa mhade dhiss iiqht lotsx ohf <3 4 yu

mary_blue356This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21, 2010 at 1:13 am
OMG! This is a fascinating poem! You touched my heart! Exactly what I'm feeling.

anthony said...

oh God do u make so much sense

i feel exactly the same way u do, lol its like ur in my head

SarahJumps said...
Love your line breaks. Keep writing.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
incredible. luvv it. keep writingg

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is great-keep writing

JessicaEralia said...
that's freaking great. i've written things just like this, and reading it makes me feel better. (:

grasslova said...
Thank you. That was nice to hear. :) Or rather, read. I feel your pain, hermana. I am in love with my best friend. But I keep pushing him away. It hurts. I am so confused, between wanting our friendship to continue and wanting a little dose of love--but the REAL love. Not the glamorized, Hollywood, supposedly "happily ever after" melodramatic feeling that people pass off as love. I too want the real deal. And it's true, you dont know what you've got, until it's gone. ;) Those words sti... (more »)

shelby16 replied...
May 19, 2010 at 10:39 am
i feel the same

allykat96 said...

Beautiful.  It's hard to capture emotion like that, but you did it. Great job and keep it up.

<3, me

boodynitemre99 replied...
Your poem was ealy great. you truly capture wha loveless people feel. :)

SOSaiXD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem! It's so real, and I can completely relate. Amazing. (:

halfasianpersuasion said...
May 17, 2010 at 11:20 am
so easy to relate to. great topic. nobody usually likes to talk about their mistakes. only the mistakes of others, blaming it all on somebody else...

melone96 said...
i understand how u feel. im in the exact same situation right now. keep writing! its amazing!

emma21495 said...
May 14, 2010 at 9:07 am
I loved this poem. I know exactly how you feel.

lunar_moon said...
I am crying right now. All of my friends have boyfriends or have had them. All except me. What is the wors though is when someone says that they like you, but the only feeling that they have for you is pitty.

tinydancer_ said...
May 5, 2010 at 5:12 am
love it, I feel just like this.

ayedeezyf.baby said...
May 4, 2010 at 11:18 am
wow, seriously this poem is very good. it can definitly relate to everyone & someone that feels the urge for love