Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

starlight26 said...
ONE WORD. BEAUTIFUL. I have been trying to get this message accross for forever. Thanks for perfectly putting that together. I think every person on this needs to realize this. That love is love. There is nothing like it. :)

Guitarstar147 said...
This is an amazing poem! I can relate so much to this! :)

flexiballetgirl said...
Thank You, this really helped me.

RainBowSkittles13 said...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:21 am
This is amazing. I love this poem. I can totally relate to this. Great job.

MeanPeopleDead said...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:07 am
This is beautiful, wonderfull, fantastical, and what everyone needs to slap them in the face every morning. Thankyou.

_MissLaurel_ said...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:10 am

A true reflection of the heart of a teenage girl. A truely beautiful and truely relatable piece. 5 Stars.

~Miss Laurel

Bridie said...
This is one of my favorite poems on teen ink. And when I saw it was one of the most read articles again i got really excited! Great work and keep writing. =) 

Jones said...
Jan. 6, 2011 at 10:08 am
This is absolutely, positively beautiful. The imagery is excellent. Your word choice fits perfectly, and the whole poem flows. I love the message you convey in this. Your point is definitely proven. Please keep it up. Check out some of my work if you have time.

sadness12 said...
that is wat i need!! u took the words rite out of my mouth!! thnk u!!

LilStinka said...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 10:24 am
I really liked it! I love how it doesn't rhyme all the time but flows all the same :) great job

nutmeg123 said...

i agree with LuverBoiNPain: it totally expresses a natural human feeling. i mean, eveyone has their personal fanasies about love, and this poem tells you about the love fantasy of someone who sees themself as so unlovable that they think they will never achieve love. it really brings you down to earth on the subject of romance, with all of its fairy-tale endings and Happily-Ever-After.

***

great job and keep writing!

LuverBoiNPain said...
Its a natural human feeling, especially for those of us who have been through alot and have more feelings than words. I understand the pain. Keep writing. Your depiction when you write is amazing. I hear you.

Katera said...
great job dont listen to that kid, your great, theres feelings behind it, ones i can very very very very much relate to, at this exact moment i feel the same way. 

sleepyloon said...
I think it's too shallow. How are young writers supposed to be taken seriously when all thier work sounds the same?

LuverBoiNPain replied...
Its how we feel. We can't change or alter that.

jhfas replied...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 7:41 am
At least young people can spell "their"

theinbetween replied...
it's genuine and philosophical; it may not be very distinct, but it is not really shallow either. She expresses understanding and wanting love between two people. It's true that in reality relationships are never easy the way they are played out in films, novels, etc. They want to really experience this. To be honest, I do too. I don't think I really believe "true love" can exist between two people because I have never seen any married couple in love. Maybe early couples but thats it. And my rel... (more »)

Monkee63 said...
I completly know what you mean.....this poem is great especailly since it is so easy to relate to and understand how you feel.

love never lastest said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 am
Love is not fair its passion a trader that will back stab you when you at least expect it. It wont last its really hard to find the right one when the past is still there and stayed like a scar. As the heart is alive never let it manipulate you because the pain wont leave. The more pain you have the more anger and hate you will like you will end up like a sour lemon that wont never let you make youre life. Its better stying solo and closer to god if you belive and have faith nobody said love wou... (more »)

sarah.hillier. said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:00 am
I know what you mean. i have loved many people, but never let them love me. love sucks because you cant help who you fall in love with. Sometimes its with the wrong person, and you just dont want to be in that relationship. love is so strong. it makes you do things you really dont want to. But love is also good becuase you know that person is going to be there for you.