Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

nutmeg123 said...

i agree with LuverBoiNPain: it totally expresses a natural human feeling. i mean, eveyone has their personal fanasies about love, and this poem tells you about the love fantasy of someone who sees themself as so unlovable that they think they will never achieve love. it really brings you down to earth on the subject of romance, with all of its fairy-tale endings and Happily-Ever-After.

***

great job and keep writing!

LuverBoiNPain said...
Its a natural human feeling, especially for those of us who have been through alot and have more feelings than words. I understand the pain. Keep writing. Your depiction when you write is amazing. I hear you.

Katera said...
great job dont listen to that kid, your great, theres feelings behind it, ones i can very very very very much relate to, at this exact moment i feel the same way. 

sleepyloon said...
I think it's too shallow. How are young writers supposed to be taken seriously when all thier work sounds the same?

LuverBoiNPain replied...
Its how we feel. We can't change or alter that.

jhfas replied...
Jan. 5, 2011 at 7:41 am
At least young people can spell "their"

theinbetween replied...
it's genuine and philosophical; it may not be very distinct, but it is not really shallow either. She expresses understanding and wanting love between two people. It's true that in reality relationships are never easy the way they are played out in films, novels, etc. They want to really experience this. To be honest, I do too. I don't think I really believe "true love" can exist between two people because I have never seen any married couple in love. Maybe early couples but thats it. And my rel... (more »)

Monkee63 said...
I completly know what you mean.....this poem is great especailly since it is so easy to relate to and understand how you feel.

love never lastest said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 am
Love is not fair its passion a trader that will back stab you when you at least expect it. It wont last its really hard to find the right one when the past is still there and stayed like a scar. As the heart is alive never let it manipulate you because the pain wont leave. The more pain you have the more anger and hate you will like you will end up like a sour lemon that wont never let you make youre life. Its better stying solo and closer to god if you belive and have faith nobody said love wou... (more »)

sarah.hillier. said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:00 am
I know what you mean. i have loved many people, but never let them love me. love sucks because you cant help who you fall in love with. Sometimes its with the wrong person, and you just dont want to be in that relationship. love is so strong. it makes you do things you really dont want to. But love is also good becuase you know that person is going to be there for you.

GatoPoeta said...
this is s true, and right to the core. i love it soooo muuchhh! it touched me with just the title.... this is exactly how i feel..

buggy said...
this is beautiful

S M Wells said...
Dec. 2, 2010 at 7:13 am
With so many similar coments. Do you ever wory about there legitimacy?

carijoy replied...

Hahaha, I do not worry about it. People can think what they want, it no longer bothers me.

And I don't think someone would go out of their way to overly comment my work... I think it just effects people in the same ways... And they read others' comments, then write similarly.

Reable_Hearted_Angel said...
that really touched me i feel the same way. it least there is someone that understands.

DakotaShadow said...
This is my life. for sho

D_Beauty said...
Wow, this was amazing. Breathtaking. Makes me think about some things. Keep writing!

AlexisRivera015 said...

this is just breathless

`read mine

im a newbie

lol

this is just amazing

AnonyMiss said...
this is so amazing....i love the overall tone and message because i personally can relate to every line

OriginalCarbonation said...

"get close, only to push it away" favorite line <3

i really liked the message of this poem, however i think the way it was conveyed stylistically and word choice isnt quite right. its lends the wrong tone to it, atleast that is my opnion. i suggest playing around with the same ideas and working to write another different one. because like i said, the message is very good and well thought out.

good work, keep it up! :)