Maybe Its Just Me | Teen Ink

Maybe Its Just Me

Maybe it's just me

'Across form each other, together we'll wonder if we will last these days'. I'm finding it hard to decide the right words to say. I'm searching, but speechless and day by day it gets harder. Like it or not, it already seems like we keep drifting farther.

Maybe it's just me

Maybe my instincts were to be trusted and we shouldn't have rushed this. I lusted for company like the longing for summer. It's hard not to think we got in this too fast. Should I have listened to the opinions of all the others? All kinds of stories one after another. I let people talk and say what the wanted to say. My feelings didn't sway and I just let it blow past. I listened to you when you told me we'd last.

Maybe it's just me

If this was a mistake it's one that on my own I need to make. Stubborn perhaps, or just a believer that everybody deserves a chance. Is my sense of right and wrong numbed, temporarily stung by the overwhelming desire to have someone? I don't want the notion of what if. I should have taken that second glance, but it's not too late.

Maybe it's just me

The last thing I want is for the verbal representation to come out wrong. The feeling is genuine and the passion is strong, but it's quickly turning into a downward spiral. Nothing except another corkscrew in my world. Now dramas added to the mixture like a verse to a song. You're holding the spoon giving the contents a swirl, but it's much invited because there's potential for the first time in so long.

Maybe it's just me

It would be too easy to just give up. Loosen the grip until it fades to nothing, but to do that just doesn't feel right. There's such a possibility for us to be something. We have to keep going because what we want is in sight. Sometimes I wonder though if I'm really right for you. Are the premature tears in vain? My intentions are true and it's calming to know you're scared too, because I'm just as vulnerable, in just as much pain.

Maybe it's just me

I've thought many times I'm in over my head, not ready for this. I still have much to learn about relationships. But I'm sure you've thought the same. Undoubtedly I have a questionable past, I used to play games. I can understand how you're scared, but I've changed. Now I need your trust because I've learned much through my mistakes, so much maturity I've gained, most of the time through trial and error. A feeling inside tells me this wont be another failure.