The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

Cara E. said...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:55 am
Really good, it's both comforting and painful to read, I wish I could write poetrey as good as you...

Dakota17 replied...
I completely agree with you, Cara E, because i wish i could write like this....I've always thought i was a talented writer, well, that is until i started to see writings like this one, it's absolutely beautiful! 

CreativeWriter2015 said...
i totally agree. this poem relates to me! :)   Advice: Continue to write

Masochist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:35 am
I love this, please keep writing

Songwriter77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oh.my.god. that is all i can say about this. This is so amazing i became breathless. this is my favorite of all the things on this website right now. awesome awesome work. You keep writing! You are so amazing!

sweetwannabemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really could relate to this and hope you follow your passion and become a famous writer. id read every peom or book you write. this is awesome . i enjyed reading this poem. <3.<

_Optimistic said...
This is so beutifull. Thank you

sunshine dez said...
this was mind blowing because it's like you wrote what I'm going throut right now

Basya44 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AMAZING. I put this into my favorites:) I love the hollow kisses...very well put. I would love to hear your feedback on my own poetry some time. I think you would appreciate it. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

hails1997 said...
This peom is absolutely beautiful.  It's my definite favorite on this whole site.  I keep coming back to read it again and again and can still not get enough of it.  You are so talented!! Don't ever stop writing.

undiscoveredtruth said...
This is really good. I read a lot of poetry, but this piece is one that I really connected with. It was as if it were descibing me exactly. Excellent work. Continue writing.

hails1997 said...
Beautiful!!

allaboutmylife said...
i love this poem i read it over so many times i practically no it by heart!  

. said...
At first I didn't really like the way the lines cut off, but now it sort of fits when saying it out loud and I enjoyed it more reading it a second time. Beautiful job, wonderful imagery and symbolism. Please keep writing!

imalwayswrite53 said...
That brought a tear to my eye, it was beautiful :)

irishlass317 said...
This is so wonderful!! So well written, I love it!!! <3

peacedream3r said...
Absolutely amazing and beautiful!

telavivi joseph replied...
Sept. 30, 2012 at 1:32 am
how could it be when we share the same god in the whole world

locolizzie said...
Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:10 am
I agree with Kylie-o

sbetsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Absolutely beautiful! I loved the figurative language, and the way you ended the whole thing was just perfect.

Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!

. replied...
^That's me. Mind checking out my work?:)