life in the hood | Teen Ink

life in the hood

life in the hood aint no lil game. it is real and if you cross it it will leave you damaged and in pain.
when you cross from side to side you notice the deffrence so you stay for the ride.
you got the ese's and the ruka's from every hood you go through. but compared to the suburbs everything here aint all good and brand new.
in the hoodwe are all one.so when we come across the cops you best believe we all run.
cause we live in poverty and aint nothing we can do. so we ride with the vatos and chill with the crew.
life in the hood we depend one one another. we stand up for even if you aint our brother.
cause in the hood we all one big family. we ride till we die and claim no insanity.
so when you come through the hood come look for me. i'll be chillin posted on the blockgoin through this poverty.

miss.bliss1 said...
on Nov. 14 2008 at 12:30 am
Love this! I can totily feel how you feel in this poem. It's like I'm u er something wack like that.

danday lion said...
on Nov. 13 2008 at 1:20 am
I had to read through a couple times to catch the rhythm, but its good. Real good. Have you read the book the Outsiders? Anybody who does not live "in the hood" should read it. This poem totally reminds me of it. I love the feeling of the poem, the living on the edge feeling...

Maybe say at the end that you would do anything to stay where you are? Because your poem is like a story and stories have endings...=]

awsomeaugust said...
on Nov. 11 2008 at 12:12 am
I liked this poem too. I don't see much of the hood scene, because i go to a really snobby school, and i see people all the time that act like best friends, but rat each other out when one gets in trouble. Anyhow, really brilliant poem

wow! said...
on Nov. 10 2008 at 5:23 pm
Hey, I like this poem....I have never been in the hood...I have friends that do though, and it is true, people that live in the hood stick together and back one another up unlike the snobs you find at private schools wh oare fake. Keep writing! and please check out my poem, "The Real Me" and rate and comment it so I can know what you think....thx

Sunshine said...
on Nov. 10 2008 at 3:23 pm
Nice poem! At first I couldn't catch the rythm, but then I did and I realized that this is a very good poem. One problem though, I don't know what "ese" and "ruka" are supposed to mean. Is this some kind of regional Houston slang,(I live far away from Houston) or is it just a word I never heard before?